Just How Effective Cannabis Oil Can Truly Be
Written by: Brandi Monasco
Cannabis is a controversial topic for many people. There are already 23 states along with the District of Columbia that have laws legalizing the use of cannabis in some form or another.
While some states allow it to be used for recreational uses, other states only allow it to be used for medicinal purposes. Cannabis is considered as a competitor with the government funded pharmaceutical industries because of the many health benefits that it provides.
Cannabis is a naturally growing herb that has been used for thousands of years. Cannabis oil is the green liquid or oil that comes from the cannabis plant. Along with medicinal uses, cannabis oil has been used in soaps, candles and perfumes. The use of cannabis oil provides you with many healthy benefits.
Here are just a few to give you a better idea of how powerful this stuff can be:
1. It Can Help With Sleep Issues: Sleep is an ongoing battle when you suffer from insomnia. Battling with insomnia can lead to sleep deprivation which can increase your stress levels and create health Problems.
Cannabis oil helps those with insomnia to be able to get some restful and relaxing sleep. It relaxes your mind and body and lowers your energy levels as well as your heart rate enough so that you can clear your head and have a peaceful night’s sleep.
2. It Increases Your Appetite: Sometimes you are not able to eat due to a sickness or injury. Cancer patients who are going through chemotherapy treatments find themselves having a hard time eating because the medications often make them nauseated.
Cannabis oil helps increase their appetite and allows them to eat. The oil also helps with stimulating your digestive system.
3. It Reduces Your Stress and Anxiety Levels: Stress and anxiety are a major reason why so many people become sick. Stress reduces the functionality of your immune system, making you more susceptible to illnesses and diseases.
Cannabis oil helps promote the release of pleasure hormones in your body and helps to relax your mind. The oil reduces stress, initiating a peaceful and calming feeling.
A study conducted by the American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy found that military veterans who suffered from PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder) had an increased feeling of pleasure and improved memory processes after using cannabis oil. The oil helped the veterans be relieved of stress and anxiety and allowed them to sleep better.
4. It Helps Reduce And Relieve Pain: Pain is associated with inflammation whether it be chronic pain or a short-term, emergency pain, such as a headache. Cannabis oil contains cannabinoids, which are natural substances that are found in cannabis plants, as well as your own Body.
The cannabinoids are processed through cannabinoid receptors that are located in your brain and weave themselves into the surface of your cells. The cannabinoid receptors (or CB2 receptors) are found all over your body and react when you apply topical cream or oil that contains cannabinoids. This reaction helps relieve pain and reduces Inflammation.
“Evidence suggests that cannabinoids may prove useful in pain modulation by inhibiting neuronal transmission in pain pathways.” – Dr Axe
5. It Helps Boost Heart Health: Cannabis oil contains antioxidant properties that can help benefit and boost heart health as well as prevent cardiovascular disease. The oil helps to relax and widen your blood vessels and acts as a natural way to lower blood pressure as well as increase circulation.
Along with multiple ways that cannabis oil benefits your body, there are many diseases that it can help alleviate and reduce symptoms of:
- Cancer and chemotherapy treatments
- Epilepsy or other seizure conditions
- Pain and Inflammation
- IBS and Crohn’s Disease
Have you ever had the opportunity to use cannabis oil? What are your thoughts about it? Let us know in the comments below!
Source, Source, Source, Source, Source, Source, Source, Source
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS