Juice Fast: What you should know...
You're toxic, I'm toxic... we are all toxic...
Toxic substances are everywhere, it's in the air we breathe, certain foods we eat (non-organic, GMO) and even the water we drink. More and more chemicals that did not exist before are being dumped
into our ecosystem, endangering the human and animal population. Chemicals such as pesticides, non-organic fertilizers, air pollutants, herbicides, lead, food additives, lead, mercury, synthetic fertilizers, and solvents are only some of the chemicals that seep into our bodies.
Heavy Metals: Lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, nickel, and aluminum. These metals can accumulate in the brain, kidneys, and immune system disrupting normal function. In studying the brains of Alzheimer's patients who had died, researchers found one common denominator: all had high concentrations of aluminum.1
Microbial Compounds: Toxins produced by yeast and bacteria in the gut can be absorbed, causing significant disruption of body functions. Gut derived microbial toxins have been seen in a many diseases such as liver disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, thyroid disease, psoriasis, lupus, asthma and much more.2
To reduce your bodies absorption of toxic substances a fiber rich diet is great. You may think that a juice fast doesn't provide any valuable fiber but in actuality, water-soluble fibers such as pectin are extremely valuable. Fiber has an ability to bind to these ugly toxins within the gut and move them out. Chia seeds also provide an amazing amount of fiber.
Also a juice fast provides something which is fast absorption of nutrients. Since there are only water-soluble fibers consumed during a juice fast, your body is quickly absorbing amazing nutrients and giving your much energy and also healing your body in the process.
Benefits of a Juice Fast:
Now that we know what dangers our body we can protect it.
- A juice fast is a great detoxification method.
- Participating in a juice fast is one of the quickest ways to eliminate wastes and increase the healing processes of the body.
- Weight loss - most people lose weight during a juice fast.
- Heightened level of alertness.
Things to know when you are on a juice fast:
During a juice fast, fresh vegetable juice and water should be consumed. I get asked many questions on what you should do during a juice fast. Here are some common facts about a juice fast:
- Many people have asked me whether they can drink herbal teas during a juice fast...Herbal teas are great during a juice fast as long as it is unsweetened.
- Prepare for a juice fast on the day before solid food is stopped by making the last meal one of only fresh fruit and vegetables
- Pure water should be consumed during the juice fast. Approximately four 8 ounce glasses should be consumed everyday.
- No coffee, soft drinks, cigarettes, or anything else should be consumed.
- Body temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rate usually slows during a juice fast so if you are cold use a blanket to stay warm.
- After a juice fast, slowly incorporate food back into your diet.
- The kidneys are mostly responsible for the elimination of toxic waste. The kidneys can be supported by drinking adequate amounts of fresh vegetable juice.
- During a juice fast it is recommended that you juice organic produce.
- If you are on certain medications make sure you check with your doctor before starting a juice fast.
The ability to detoxify is one of the critical factors for good health. Here are some testimonials from people who did the Alpha Reset juice fast.
Remember, I'm not a doctor and there isn't significant evidence that a juice fast is proven by the medical community as treatment or a cure for anything. Here is a cool video of a juice fast recipe I made with one of my clients.
I am however an advocate of the juice fast as a means to transform my personal clients.
Like Tim Taylor for instance.
He told me it help him re-format his taste buds and now he actually enjoys healthy food.
If you are a person who has toxic taste buds, eats an excessive amount of food or has little or no will-power with the food decisions you make... you should consider doing one. Join the next group of people to partake in the the Alpha Reset. <---
Remember, We're In This Together