Improve Digestion With These Easy Essential Oil Blends
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Did you know you have a “second brain?”
You certainly know about the one in your head that is the conductor of your thoughts and actions, but you also have a “brain” that is in your belly!
This “belly brain” is referred to as your microbiome and is full of bacteria that your gut utilizes in order to communicate with the rest of your body. Your gut and brain are connected by a network of neurons, hormones and chemicals that give you feedback about what is going on and how you are feeling.
Have you ever had a “gut feeling” about a person or place? THAT feeling is your brain communicating with your gut!
Your body needs a healthy balance of bacteria for digestion. When things get out of balance in your gut, it can lead to a disruption in your digestion and cause:
- Stomach ache
- Diarrhea or constipation
If you are looking to restore and improve your gut health, you can naturally and simply manage digestive disorders by using these essential oil blends. These can function as:
- Symptom relief
Use these effective oil blends to help relieve the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of digestive distress. Combined with a healthy diet of fresh foods, these essential oils can help you reestablish a healthy balance in your gut.
Essential Oil Blends That Improve Digestion
|Ginger & Peppermint
- Ginger is protective against ulcers
- Peppermint is effective for easing irritable bowel syndrome
- Blend helps fight feelings of nausea
|Tea Tree & Oregano
- Powerful antimicrobial
- Helps fight harmful microbes
- Keeps and sustains your gut health
|Fennel & Tarragon
- Digestive stimulants
- Has a soothing effect
- NOTE: external/topical use ONLY due to the estragole (toxic when taken internally)
- Blend together and inhale
|Clove & Cardamom
- Clove oil is antimicrobial
- Effective in helping candida overgrowth
- Cardamom is part of the ginger family
- Provides protective digestive benefits
- Antispasmodic effects
|Thyme & Rose
- Contains thymol and geraniol
- Has a gentle effect that restores proper balance of gut bacteria
- Helps control healthy bacteria
- Ensures beneficial bacteria are not destroyed
How To Use These Blends:
- Mix a few drops of each oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil and consume (except Fennel & Tarragon – simply blend and inhale this blend).
- Add a few drops to your morning lemon water to create a healing tonic.
- Stir and drink quickly. If you allow it to sit the oil and water will separate.
What is your go-to essential oil blend? Please SHARE with us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS