Hydrate And Alkalize Your Body With This Frosty Fruity Watermelon Smoothie
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
When it comes to getting the groceries home from the market… they *barely* stand a chance at making it home “alive!”
Chances are I’m reaching over and digging into my bags – ESPECIALLY if my shopping trip that day included watermelon.
While I may have ZERO CHILL when it comes to getting my groceries home intact… I do love using my new ingredients to whip up sweet, tasty and healthy new recipes.
This Frosty Fruity Watermelon Smoothie is JUST the incentive you (and I!) need to keep your paws off it until you get it home!
Not only is this smoothie uber hydrating, but it can also help alkalize your body.
Why Alkalize Your Body?
- Maintaining a slightly alkaline pH is key to preventing disease
- Supports and helps various enzymes to function properly
- Decreases pain and inflammation
- Reverses nutrient deficiencies
- OVER acidity has been linked to cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis and diabetes
- Signs of over acidity include: constant fatigue, muscle pain or cramping, easily running out of breath, feeling like you can’t get enough air and frequent sighing
Benefits Of A Frosty Fruity Watermelon Smoothie
- 92% of watermelon is made of water
- Could be twice as more effective at hydrating the body than water (according to a study in West Africa)
- Contains electrolytes: sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium
- Helps your body become alkaline
- Has diuretic effects, which eliminate toxins
- Contains a lot of citrulline, which removes ammonia from your body
- Helps regulate blood flow and reduces inflammation
- Contains an abundance of nutrients
- Has 5 essential electrolytes: calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium
- Enhances hydration
- Helps in weight loss efforts
- Suppresses appetite
- Helps you feel full because of its rich nature
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- Helps with the digestion of food
- Protects your eyes from aging and infection
- Rejuvenates skin
- Prevents heart disease
|Pure Maple Syrup
- Supplies some trace minerals and antioxidants
- A more natural, unrefined product than cane and other sugars
This frosty smoothie is the perfect solution to cooling down on a hot spring or summer day and will leave your body feeling refreshed, hydrated and energized!
How To Make A Frosty Fruity Watermelon Smoothie
- ¾ cup coconut water
- 2 cups frozen watermelon, cut into chunks
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut water as needed to reach desired consistency.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS