Hungry? These Sweet Potato Bacon Bites Are ALL You Need
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
A poem for you, my darling Fitlifer:
Roses are red.
Bacon is red.
Poems are hard.
Okay, okay, okay… so maybe I’m not the best at writing poems.
BUT, what I AM good at is finding kick-*ss recipes that will tantalize your tastebuds and make you jump for joy upon sinking your teeth into the first bite.
That is precisely what will happen when you get these Sweet Potato Bacon Bites into your mouth!
Benefits Of Sweet Potato Bacon Bites
- Provide an abundance of vitamin A (beta-carotene) – especially for the skin!
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Valuable for their anti-inflammatory health benefits
- Help improve blood sugar regulation
- 1 large sweet potato gives you 25% of your daily potassium needs
- Contains fiber, vitamin C, copper, niacin, vitamin B5 and manganese
- Vitamins found in honey include vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin
- The nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity
- Regular consumption of honey helps maintain the flow of your digestion
|Uncured Smoked Bacon
- Contains a significant amount of protein
- Low in carbohydrates
- Bacon raises HDL (high-density lipoprotein cholesterol) – AKA the “good cholesterol”
- Great source of selenium
- Key component of a healthy thyroid gland
Sweet Potato Bacon Bites
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2” round)
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Thin sliced uncured smoked bacon
- Dash of mixed spices to your desired taste (onion, garlic, cayenne, etc.)
1. Prepare potatoes by cutting off the ends and peeling them.
- Slice the same width as the bacon.
2. In a bowl, drizzle the sweet potato pieces with olive oil to coat them.
3. In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (spices).
- Adjust the seasoning to your preferred taste.
4. Pour the spices into the oiled potatoes and toss.
- Use your hands to coat the potato pieces well.
5. Use ½ slice of bacon for each potato piece.
- Wrap the bacon around the potato and secure with a toothpick.
- Roll the bacon bites in the leftover spices to enhance the flavor.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes on a non stick pan.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender and the bacon is browned.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt before serving.
These sweet potato bacon bites make for a perfect appetizer to bring along to a holiday party or celebration!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS