How to Use Turmeric Paste to Get Rid of Acne & Acne Scars Fast
Acne affects nearly all of us at some point, from puberty into our 50’s. Acne occurs due to clogged pores forming an infection.
There are many different creams and prescription medications on the market today that can help fight acne. Most of these remedies lead to painfully dry skin, pealing, burning, itching, rashes, and more. Oral prescription medications for acne can cause horrible nausea and headaches, as well as nosebleeds.
Most of us have probably experienced the side effects associated with acne medications and would rather avoid a repeat of the experience. Natural remedies are often gentler on the skin and carry fewer side effects than pharmaceutical treatments. Imagine treating acne without experiencing pain!
Turmeric paste or powder is a highly effective natural remedy for mild to moderate acne thanks to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Additionally, this paste helps acne scars fade for most people.
Article Source: Daily Health Post
Turmeric Paste for Acne Scars
Author: Daily Health Post
- Boiled water
- Holy basil leaves or black tulsi leaves
- Turmeric leaves
- A mortar and pestle or a food processor
- You will need equal parts holy basil and turmeric. How many leaves you use depends upon how much area needs to be covered. This paste should be made fresh for every treatment, so don’t go overboard.
- First, crush turmeric until it makes a thick paste. Set the paste aside. Grind holy basil or black tulsi leaves with just enough boiled water to make a smooth thick paste. Mix together ½ tablespoon tulsi/basil paste with 1 tablespoon turmeric paste and grind all ingredients together. The paste should be of a texture easily spreadable on the skin. Be sure that your paste is smooth, not lumpy.
- Apply a thin layer of the mixture to clean, dry skin using a cotton swab, applicator brush, or bare hands. Allow the paste to sit on the skin for up to 15 minutes. Rinse the mixture away with warm, clean water and soap. Be sure to use a water-based moisturizer after washing off the mixture, as this will help balance the oils in the skin and prevent further breakouts and irritation.
- This mixture can be applied one to two times daily for several consecutive days. Though it is best to mix up a new batch for every application, not everyone has time for that. It will last in your refrigerator for up to three days. Acne and scars should begin to fade within a couple days. After acne has cleared, use twice weekly to maintain clear skin.
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury.
It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS