How To Perk Up And Remedy Your Skin With Coffee
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Wake up, Fitlifer!
It’s time to rise and shine… and rise and GRIND.
Yes, it’s another beautiful day for you to go after those health goals, but it’s also that special time of the morning where you brew yourself a delicious cup of coffee and plan out your day.
While each sweet sip of that steamy cup of joe may add an extra pep to your step, do you know that there is a whole creative world of coffee BEYOND that caffeinated cup?
You can actually use CAFFEINE to perk up your skin! Check it out below!
What Is Caffeine?
- The most widely consumed psychoactive drug
- A central nervous system stimulant
- Used to prevent fatigue
- Stops the onset of drowsiness (induced by adenosine) by blocking adenosine on its receptor
- Stimulates portions of your autonomic nervous system that regulates your heart rate, digestion and fight-or-flight response
How To Perk Up Your SKIN With Caffeine
That morning cup of joe can not only give you a jolt of energy, but also be used to give your skin a pick-me-up!
All you need to do is save the coffee grounds and turn them into one of these DIY beauty products that can perk your skin up STAT!
|Reduce The Appearance Of Cellulite
- The caffeine in coffee grounds helps reduce the appearance of cellulite by:
- Enhancing fat metabolism
- Increasing circulation
- The exfoliating properties also help to make you skin smooth and soft
|Fade Stretch Marks
- Refreshes your skin
- Stimulates blood flow and circulation
- MIX: coffee grounds and olive oil to form a paste. Massage onto area for 5 minutes, wrap the area in a towel and then allow to sit for 20 minutes. Wipe away with damp cloth. Repeat daily.
|Boost Your Face With A Coffee Mask
- Coffee has an invigorating and stimulating effect on your skin
- Can help perk up dull skin
- MIX: coffee grounds, egg (or coconut oil):
- Apply mask to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
|Invigorating Body Scrub
- Old coffee grounds make a superb facial exfoliant
- Gently sloughs off dead skin cells
- Helps freshen your skin, giving your a healthy glow
- MIX: 4 tablespoons coconut oil, 6 tablespoons coffee grinds, a few drops essential oil of your choice:
- Combine all ingredients
- Store in an airtight container
- To use: scoop out a bit of the mixture and gently rub onto your face in a circular motion
|Soothing Eye Pads
- Reduces puffiness
- Diminishes the appearance of dark circles
- Improves circulation and plumps up your skin
- MIX: 2 tablespoons brewed coffee (hot) and 1 tablespoon gelatin. Pour onto parchment paper and allow to dry. Cut into pieces and place under eyes for 20 or so minutes.
Now you will surely be rising and shining from the inside and outside with these caffeinated ideas.
Want to give your coffee a health boost as well? Check out these ways to upgrade your coffee today:
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS