How To Naturally Zap Zits While You SLEEP
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I don’t care HOW many articles I read that scream at me NOT to pop my pimples… I love to freaking pop them, okay? Geez!
It’s my skin and I can do with it what I want.
Do you feel me out there, fellow skin-obsessed pimple-popping-loving people? It’s soooo satisfying to “get it” – right?
Luckily for my skin, I don’t experience too many breakouts. However, if you have either an occasional breakout OR regular acne, there are simple, natural and effective remedies that you can use to help zap your zits… WHILE YOU SLEEP!
To get some TRUE beauty sleep, test out these natural zit zappers that will quickly work at healing your skin while you catch some zzz’s.
- Removes excess oils/sebum that are clogging your pores
- Heals the skin
- Stops you from getting spots
- Mix a spoonful of turmeric with a few drops of water to form a paste
- Apply to affected area
- Leave on overnight
- Note: turmeric stains so you may want to cover the area with a bandage if leaving on overnight
|Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dab raw apple cider vinegar on a breakout before you go to bed for an overnight cleanse
- The malic acid is an antibacterial
- The amino acids help balance hydration
- Calms irritation
- Neutralizes the pH of your skin
- Restores the balance of your skin to a healthy state
- Keeps skin safe from infection
- Reduces inflammation
- Make a paste using baking soda and a few drops of water
- Apply to zit area and allow to dry before rinsing off before you go to bed
- Oranges, lemons, grapefruits and limes all contain vitamin C
- A natural antioxidant
- Vital for the formation of collagen
- Helps repair and build new skin cells
- Apply the juice directly to the spot a few times a day and before bed for best results
|Cinnamon & Honey
- Honey is naturally antibacterial
- Helps kill bacteria in and around pimples
- Reduces your risk of infection
- Helps your skin heal more quickly
- Reduces inflammation
- Cinnamon prevents the growth of bacteria
- Kills bacteria
- Stop zits from coming back
- Combined together, these two are a powerhouse against fighting zits
- Use a ¼ teaspoon of each to make a paste and apply to area
- Leave on for 30 minutes or overnight
- Wash area after
- Helps dry out excess sebum found in the zit area
- Repairs the skin cells in that area
- Dab the egg whites on the problem area with a cotton ball
- Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse off before bedtime
|Sea Salt & Water
- Helps destroy the bacteria in the pimple area
- Heals the skin in the area
- Reduces swelling and redness
- Make a paste using sea salt and a few drops of water
- Dab on zit area and leave on for up to 2 hours
You can easily start using these natural remedies daily to help zap zits while you sleep… AND keep them away for good!
However, if you already have acne scarring from the past and would like to reduce its appearance, you can make a homemade scar removal face mask.
OTHER TIPS for clear skin:
- Change your pillowcase frequently
- Avoid touching your face with you hands
- Cut back or eliminate eating greasy foods
- Use a separate towel for your face
- Lighten up on makeup use
Do you have a zit zapping tip to SHARE? Please tell us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS