How To Make Sweet Potato Fries (That Are Actually Crispy!)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Crispy, crunchy, french fries.
Ode to the simple culinary treasures of life!
Seriously though, I don’t think I’ve ever met a person (anywhere in the world for that matter) that has a disdain towards french fries.
The only times I have issues with these goldeny sticks of goodness is if they are: #1 bought at a fast food joint (because EW) or #2 baked at home yet turn out flimsy and mushy (crispiness is key – am I righhhhht?).
Well, what if you could have the BEST of both worlds and get fries with the crunchy crispness of drive-thru fries… BUT are baked at home in a manner that honors your health and wellness?
Heck yea! Get your taste buds ready for these satisfyingly Crispy Sweet Potato Fries.
Health Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes
- Provide an abundance of vitamin A (beta-carotene) – especially for the skin!
- 1 large sweet potato gives you 25% of your daily potassium needs
- Valuable for their anti-inflammatory health benefits
- Contain fiber, vitamin C, copper, niacin, vitamin B5 and manganese
- Help improve blood sugar regulation
These crispy fries pair perfectly with your favorite healthy DIY sauce, such as:
How To Make Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel your potatoes and then slice them into ¼ inch thin slices (fry size).
- Aim to have the fries a consistent size so they cook at the same rate. They don’t have to be perfect, but similar sizes works best.
- Place the cut fries in a bowl and drizzle with coconut oil (enough to coat all of the fries).
- In a separate bowl whisk together the tapioca flour, onion powder and salt.
- Toss the oiled fries in this mixture until evenly coated.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and space out your fries on them.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and crispy!
- Remove the fries from the oven and place the fries in a parchment paper lined bowl to serve. Eat hot!
Now go on and enjoy the YUM!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS