How To Make “Super Water” To Improve Digestion
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I’ve always been quite ambitious with a “strive for the best” kind of attitude.
If there is average… well then I want to be above average, no doubt!
Unfortunately, I’ve recently discovered that I am certainly above average when it comes to GAS.
It has been documented that the average person “lets go” from 7 to 21 times per day.
Yup… yup… overachiever right here!
While some amount of gas (burping and farting) is totally normal, excessive gas could be an indication of indigestion.
Ease those gas bubbles dancing around in your body and improve your digestion by UPGRADING the most vital liquid you drink everyday – WATER!
The Importance Of Drinking Water
I think the overall message regarding water is clear… you need to drink water to keep your body hydrated and healthy!
The goal is to develop a habit of drinking water during the day so that all of your body’s systems can operate smoothly and keep you feeling great. Because, the truth is, when you DON’T drink water, it leads to dehydration and can have a drastic negative effect on your health.
What Is SUPER Water?
Just like “superfoods” are foods that are nutrient-rich with increased nutritional benefits…
“Super water” is water that has been enhanced to increase its benefits for your body!
Here are some key facts to keep in mind about WATER:
- Your blood is 92% water. Your muscles are 75% water. Your bones are 22% water.
- The average adult loses 10 cups of water a day by sweating, breathing, urinating and going number 2.
- When you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated.
- Feeling slightly hungry can be a sign that your body becoming dehydrated.
You can upgrade the effectiveness of your glass of water by adding certain KEY ingredients.
Not only are you providing your body with extra support to help it stay hydrated and function at it’s best, but also encouraging proper digestion:
What To Add To Your Water To Improve Digestion
|Apple Cider Vinegar
- Removes toxins from your body
- Boosts your metabolism function
- Helps balance the pH of your body
- Add 2-3 tablespoons to a large glass of filtered water
|Lemon Or Lime
- High in vitamin C
- Helps create digestive enzymes
- Squeeze wedges of lime or lemon into your glass of water or slice thinly and allow to soak in a pitcher of water
- Are high in fiber and water, which supports healthy digestion and bowel movements
- Thinly slice cucumber and add it to your glass of water
- Kills bad bacteria in your gut
- Can help relieve Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Helps with infections in the GI tract
- Add 1 stick of cinnamon to a glass of hot water and allow to brew before drinking
|Fresh Mint Leaves
- Improves bile flow
- Support the functioning of the salivary glands
- Produces digestive enzymes, which help support the absorption of nutrients and vitamins
- Helps relieve an upset stomach
- Brew mint tea by adding fresh mint leaves to a mug of hot water
- Helps relieve cramping, bloating, gas and indigestion
- Cut fresh ginger into pieces and soak it in your water overnight (the water will absorb the nutrients and be ready to drink when you wake up!)
Use one, two, or more of these ingredients DAILY to ensure that you are drinking ample amounts of water and performing at your best!
Do you have a TIP to share that can help Fitlifer’s stay on top of their daily water consumption? Please TELL US below.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS