How To Make Love Jam For Valentine’s Day
By Kat Gal
Handmade gifts are the best gifts, because you can appreciate all the love, thought, creativity and effort that went into them. Getting handmade gifts is special and making them is especially fun.
What Is Love Jam?
Love jam is basically a jar filled with loving messages written on colorful papers. Depending on the number of papers, your significant other can pick out a message every day or every week to start the day with love – your love!
I first made love jam in 2012 for my husband (then boyfriend), mainly because we were broke, traveling and volunteering around the globe with a budget of less than $2,000 for the year. But I was able to get my hands on some paper and an empty jar of fig jam. I named it a ‘jam’ instead of a ‘jar’ simply because of the type of jar I found.
The gift was a bigger hit than I’d expected and I’ve been making it ever since. I got more creative, more personal and more specific with my messages over the years to avoid repetitions. The jars got bigger and prettier too. My husband loves picking a message every morning and sharing the meaning of it. He says it is a special way to start his day filled with my love.
How To Make Love Jam
What You Need:
- A mason jar or any old glass jar (jar of pickles, jam, etc.)
- Colorful papers
- Pen or markers
- Anything for decoration: glitter, glue, stickers, ribbon, photos, etc.
1. Cut small strips of your colorful paper. You can also cut fun shapes, like hearts, clouds, stars, flowers and so on.
2. Delegate a theme for each color, then fill them with loving messages.
- For example, write a love quote on each red paper. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other” by Audrey Hepburn is my favorite.
- Write your favorite mutual memories on every blue paper. It doesn’t have to be detailed, “Remember the time we watched the sunset at the Grand Canyon” is plenty.
- Share things you love about your significant other on the pink slips. Only share qualities here, not activities, such as “I love your smile” or “I love how creative you are.”
- Tell your significant other the things he/she does that you love on every purple piece, for example “I love when you hold my hands” or “I love when you surprise me with flowers.”
- Share activities that you love doing together on every yellow paper, for example, “I love going on a road trip together” or “I love cuddling in bed with you on Sunday mornings.”
- Write down ideas for the future to manifest amazing things on every orange piece, such as “I would love to visit Hawaii together” or “I want to take a dance class with you.” You don’t have to use the same colors or categories, these are only examples. Get creative.
3. Fold each message and place them in your jar. Keep filling out your papers until your jar is tightly full.
4. Decorate your jar according to your talent or creativity. Make it shiny with glitter if that is what you are into. Simply glue a picture of you and your partner on the front. Write more love notes with colorful paint or permanent marker. Or just simply place a nice ribbon around it. It is all up to you..
Making this jar will encourage you to tune in to yourself and get creative. Coming up with ideas will fill your heart with love. As your partner picks out loving messages each day or each week, his or her heart will feel your love too. This is a present that lasts for a while with potentially hundreds of messages.
Do you have any creative gift ideas for Valentine’s Day or for any special occasions? Have you ever gotten something truly special and creative? Share your tips and experiences in the comments below!
Do NOT use the turmeric spice in your cupboard as a health supplement. Many spices are adulterated with carcinogens, GMO corn, dyes, and even sawdust!
Choose a super critically extracted, Organic, Non-GMO turmeric supplement like this one.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS