How To Make Green Juice In Your Food Processor Or Blender (+ Recipe)
By Kat Gal
I love juicing. No. I adore juicing.
I got my first (and only) juicer in January 2012. I used it basically every single day until June. I fell in love with green juices instantly.
In June, I started traveling even more insanely than before, moving country to country and volunteering. I couldn’t take my juicer with me. I missed it.
I missed juicing until about December when I discovered that you can juice without a juicer.
It’s true! Amazing stuff, right?
Since I couldn’t find a travel blender, I ended up buying a small, very basic food processor. I started juicing again – it was a miracle.
Some tips for juicing with a blender or food processor:
- Most sites suggest that you have a Vitamix, but trust me, it works with a cheap blender or cheap food processor too!
- While it may help the blending process, in my experience, there is no need to add water, unless you want to.
- Even though there is no need for water, for this method I suggest that you use cucumbers as a base, because cucumbers are so juicy. Apples or perhaps oranges help too, but a cucumber is a must.
- If you don’t have a fancy nut milk bag, you can use nylons.
- If your blender is small, it may take a while. I have to fill mine up four times to make 0.5–0.75 L of juice.
- Instead of adding the lemons to my blender, I juice them separately and add the lemon juice to my ready green juice.
How do you make a green juice with a blender or food processor?
Here are the steps to make your fabulous juice:
- Add your ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until you have somewhat of a smoothie consistency.
- Strain the ‘smoothie’ through a nut milk bag or some nylons.
- Dispose the pulp. Better yet, compost or if you have a dehydrator, make some crackers.
I don’t claim this to be an easier process than using an actual juicer; using my centrifugal juicer was much quicker and easier. But going through this process is much better than not juicing, especially if you’re traveling.
Finally, here is a green juice recipe for you!
Have you ever made green juice in your blender or food processor? What were your experiences? Share in the comments below. We always love hearing from you.
Awesome Green Juice
- 1 head of lettuce
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 green apple
- 1 beet
- Some ginger
- juice of 2 lemons
- Juice everything in your juicer, or follow the steps above using your food processor or blender.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS