How To Make Dairy-Free CHEESE That Actually Tastes GREAT: Coconut Milk Cream Cheese
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
If there is one food that I have absolutely “ZERO chill” around…
It would be cheese.
It’s just so darn delicious that you know you are lying to yourself when you say, “just one more bite.”
Do you feel me? I know you love cheese too.
Unfortunately, many people have “issues” when they eat cheese. From indigestion to foul smelling flatulence, your beloved cheese isn’t so body-friendly.
** Insert crying sad face emoji here**
But dry those tears, my friend, because this dairy-free cheese alternative is creamy and incredibly delicious.
Did I also mention it’s super easy to make?
** Thumbs up happy face**
Why You Need To Make Coconut Milk Cream Cheese
Regular cheese has been linked to causing indigestion, inflammation, cravings and the inorganic varieties are often made with scary ingredients, such as carrageenan (which has been linked to causing PERMANENT damage to your digestive system).
This dairy-free variety is easy for your body to digest and made with clean and natural ingredients that will leave you feeling great!
- Coconut milk is packed with nutrients such as magnesium and potassium:
- Muscles use these to repair broken down tissue and to grow back stronger
- Coconut milk does not need to be fully digested first before your body can use it
- Great source of energy for your brain
- Excellent source of plant-based iron
- A great supplement for your diet
- High in healthy fats:
- Lauric acid is useful in helping your body create energy
Coconut Milk Cream Cheese
1. Refrigerate the cans of coconut milk overnight (or at least 3 hours so that the milk separates).
2. Place the linen cloth over a bowl.
- Push the cloth down to create a depression.
3. Open the cans of coconut milk and pour out the water (save for smoothies!).
- Place cream part of the coconut milk in the depression of the cloth.
4. Warp the cream in the cloth and squeeze the water off.
- Don’t squeeze too much, just enough to make the cream more solid (like cream cheese).
5. Remove the “cheese” and put it in a bowl.
- Mix in the lemon, salt and garlic.
Mmmmm cheese. If you could see my stomach right now, it would be smiling wiiiiiiide.
Now all you need is a healthy vessel to spread this delightful cheese all over! Here are 3 healthy options:
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS