How to Make Coconut Flour Bread Recipe (Gluten & Grain FREE)
By Lindsay Sibson
Well… because… BREAD.
The chewiness, warmth and crustiness is enough to make you want to close your eyes and kiss that fresh loaf. A nice hunk of bread is simply love… in food form.
BUT, then there is the whole gluten thing. Ugh.
With food allergies and intolerances on the rise, a growing number of people are recognizing the damaging effects of eating gluten-rich foods, such as bread. Symptoms of gluten sensitivity include: “foggy mind,” depression, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, ADHD, fatigue, headaches and abdominal pain.
I am WAY too familiar with these irritating symptoms, which is what sent me on a path to find a bread that is kind and gentle for my body.
And ALAS – I found my way to Coconut Flour Bread!
Benefits Of Coconut Flour Bread
- High in fiber
- Gluten and grain-free
- Great source of healthy fats that you body uses for energy
- Low in sugar
- Has a high nutrient density
- Good source of high quality protein
- Rich source of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper
- Help boost your immune system
- Loaded with butyrate, an anti-inflammatory fatty acid
- Packed with vitamins and minerals: Vitamin A, D, E and K2, manganese, chromium, zinc, copper and selenium
- Full of lauric acid, which has antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Contains minerals important for circulation and controlling blood flow
- Provide and quick and efficient source of calories for your brain
- Contains natural antioxidants, enzymes and minerals
- Has nutraceuticals that help neutralize free radicals
- Promotes the growth of good bacteria in your intestines
Now the difficult part is choosing WHAT you will use this bread for! Try out these 3 healthy options below:
HOW To Make Coconut Flour Bread
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 whole eggs
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4-5 tbsp organic, grass-fed butter
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Organic, cold-pressed, unrefined virgin coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan using the coconut oil. Line the pan with baking paper and spread another coating of oil.
- With a handheld electric whisk, beat 3 egg whites until they become stiff (set the yolk aside).
- With a food processor, mix together: 3 yolks, 4 whole eggs, butter, coconut milk and honey.
- Slowly mix into the food processor: coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Combine everything to create a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in the egg whites (from step 3).
- Place the mixture into the loaf pan and bake at 325 F for 40 minutes.
- Note: The top will brown, but the mixture will NOT have throughly cooked yet. Cover the loaf pan, reduce the heat to 275 and cook an additional 5-10 minutes
- Remove the loaf pan from the oven. Take the bread out of the pan and set on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the loaf is completely cooled (about an hour), it is ready to slice and eat!
- Make avocado toast by crushing some avocado on toasted bread and finishing it off with a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS