How To Fall Asleep Instantly
Written by: Kat Gal
Are you struggling to fall asleep every night?
I have a little hack for you that can help you fall asleep instantly.
The “4-7-9” breathing technique is known to remove stress and relax your body. You can use it during the day to calm yourself down or center yourself. But it is also an amazing tool to help you fall asleep at night.
It is an effective method because it is incredibly powerful at removing carbon dioxide quickly from your body and also encouraging oxygen absorption that leads to relaxation. Additionally, it can also slow your heart rate down, thus encouraging sleep.
Here Is How To Practice the “4-7-8” Breathing Technique:
1. Exhale through your mouth in a way that makes a whooshing sound.
2. For a count of 4 seconds, inhale through your nose.
3. For 7 seconds, hold your breath.
4. Finally, for 8 seconds, exhale through your mouth.
5. Repeat this cycle 3-4 more times (you may fall asleep before it ends).
To get the perfect night’s rest, it is also important to prepare your body for sleep:
- Try not to eat 2-3 hour before going to bed.
- Avoid all sugar and caffeine at least 2-3 hours before bedtime. Generally, try to avoid processed sugar and caffeine throughout your whole day too.
- Avoid serious exercise 1-3 hours before bedtime. Stretching and gentle yoga is okay and may even be beneficial to help you to relax.
- Cut back on drinking liquids 1-2 hours before going to sleep so that you don’t have to get up to go to the bathroom. If you do drink anything, make sure it is water or a caffeine-free, relaxing tea, such as chamomile.
- Turn off all electronics 1-2 hours before bed. If you really have to work late or must watch one more youtube video, still give yourself a minimum of 30 minutes free from technology before sleep.
- Dim the lights 30 minutes to 2 hours before bedtime.
- Use calming essential oils, such as lavender oil.
- Read, meditate, listen to relaxing music, or cuddle calmly with your partner or fur-kids for half an hour before going to sleep.
If you follow these tips, your sleep will improve, guaranteed. Give them a try.
Do you have any other tips to help you fall asleep faster, sleep better and wake up energized? Share your tips with us in the comments below. As always, we’d love to hear from you.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS