How To Eat Pizza For Dinner AND Dessert (Gluten Free & Vegan Option)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I got nothing.
I see the word “PIZZA” and can’t move beyond the daydream of sinking my teeth into a ooey, gooey, cheesy, piping hot slice of pizza pie.
The world is a better place because of pizza. Amen.
And NOW – pizza for dessert? That’s AMORE!
Benefits Of Fruit Pizza
- Incredible source of fiber, which helps ease constipation and controls your blood sugar
- Contains manganese, selenium, phosphorus, fiber, magnesium and zinc
- Helps reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Can help lower cholesterol
- Improves satiety, digestion and your overall general metabolic health
- Has a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assists with blood sugar control
- Reduces hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Contains magnesium: vital mineral necessary for your overall health
- Regulates the nervous system
- Acts as a balancing mineral
- Assists with both relaxation and energy production
- Helps with digestion
- Regulates muscle and nervous system cells
- Rich in potassium:
- Assists with water regulation in your body
- Helps balance the body’s electrolytes
- Relaxes blood vessels, which reduces stress and tension
- Source of manganese:
- Essential to a healthy mood and metabolism
- Helps with optimal nervous system function
- Assists with the assimilation of other nutrients
- Increases your energy: Coconut is made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- Quickly absorbed by your body
- Speeds up your metabolism:
- The calories in MCTs are effectively converted into fuel for your body to use immediately
- Boosts your immune system:
- Nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid
- Useful for helping combat viral infections such as the flu, the common cold, fever blisters and cold sores
- Rich content of omega-3 fatty acids
- Excellent source of dietary minerals
- Great source of B vitamins
- Packed with fiber
- High in quality protein
- Can help reduce inflammation
- Helps stabilize blood sugar
- Contains powerful antioxidants called polyphenols
- Proven to alter body composition
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Can help reduce the accumulation of belly fat and speed up your metabolism
- Helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Has antifungal properties and can help fight against chronic candida
|Berries & Fresh Fruits
- Powerful superfoods!
- Rich in nutrients
- Loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C
There ya have it, folks! Pizza for dinner AND dessert.
How To Make Fruit Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until well combined.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet in a circle to create the pizza “crust.”
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool completely.
- To make your Fruit Pizza:
- Choose a “sauce”: spread a nut butter or Greek yogurt around the crust.
- Arrange berries and sliced fruit.
- Drizzle with raw honey or melted dark chocolate… slice and serve.
Now go ahead and dance down the street with a cloud at your feet… you’re in love!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS