3-Ingredient Mixture Will Make Your Old, Yellowing Pillow Fresh and Brand New Again
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
How To Easily Clean Your Pillows (Because Drool Happens)
Have you ever taken a pillowcase off a pillow and discovered lovely yellow drool spots?
EWWWW – right?!
As much as we would all love to believe that we sleep as pretty as princesses… mouth gaping open and drool flowing out is probably a more accurate description.
Next time you come face to face with an icky pillow, use this method to bring it back to a fresh and happy life!
WHY Clean Your Pillows?
It’s best to give your pillows a thorough wash every 3 months, because skin cells, dust mites, oils and moisture can get stuck in and on your pillow (even with pillow cases and protectors!).
How To Clean Your Pillows
What You Need:
1. Turn your washing machine on to the HOTTEST setting and set it for a large load.
2. Add natural detergent to the running water in the washing machine (the amount you would for a large load).
3. Add ½ cup of washing soda to the machine (will help lift stains and whiten pillow!).
- Also add 5 drops of lavender essential oil for relaxing and fresh scented pillows (optional).
4. Place 1 or 2 pillows in the washing machine (AFTER detergent and washing soda have been added).
- Allow the washing machine cycle to complete.
5. Put the pillows in the dryer on low heat for a full cycle.
Is It Time To Buy A New Pillow?
Here is a quick way to check if it’s time to purchase a new pillow:
- Fold the pillow in half:
- If it unfolds and goes back to its normal shape – KEEP IT.
- If it stays in place folded – TOSS IT.
Sweet dreams, Fitlifer!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS