HOW To Create A POSITIVE Mood Shift Quickly
By Kat Gal
HOW To Create A POSITIVE Mood Shift Quickly
Imagine starting your day perfectly fine, waking up rested, getting your morning routine done, taking a nice shower and going about your day.
And then… someone says something, you do something, or something just simply happens – something unpleasant that puts you in a bad mood. You get ticked off, frustrated, sad, or angry.
You are not alone. It happens to all of us, sometimes several times a day. You get angry at stupid things, end up feeling bad and potentially allow your entire day to be affected. But in the end, it really only hurts you.
It doesn’t have to be like that.
You have the POWER to change your mood and create happiness and positivity even from a negative state.
Here are some simple steps to help get you out of a negative mood and to create a positive mood shift easily and quickly.
1. Acknowledge the present moment. Recognize what is going on, that you are experiencing negative emotions. Instead of ignoring them, write them down, say them outloud to yourself, or tell a friend. Know that whatever you are feeling is completely okay.
2. Check if your experience is real. Ask yourself this simple question: “Is this real?” to see if your experience or the reasons behind it are true or an overreaction in your head. It may be, but also may not be.
When I fell on my butt while indoor skating, my experience of pain was real. However, my fear that ‘it was the end of the world,’ and ‘my tailbone was broken and I would never run again’ were not, neither was my shame that I was the ‘clumsiest person ever.’ They were simply overreactions coming from underlying fears and insecurities.
My tailbone was only bruised. My pain was gone within a few weeks and I only took a week off from running. Though I am clumsy, I am by no means the clumsiest human being and everyone falls at a skatepark.
Whether your experience is real, not real, or mixed, it is completely okay. Just allow yourself to accept it.
3. Ask yourself: “Is it worth being upset over?” Perhaps you may feel that it is and that’s okay. I do think that falling deserved a momentary worry, but certainly not at an extreme level that should have lasted for a long time. In many cases, it likely isn’t worth feeling negative over the situation, or at least not for more than a few minutes.
If, however, it does, you can still make a slight mood shift. You can choose to let some light into your dark moment at a pace that feels right to you.
4. The next question to ask yourself: “What is my alternative? How do I want to feel?” This is a very important question. If you know how you want to feel, you can make a choice to shift your mood toward happiness, forgiveness and positivity. This doesn’t mean that you were wrong to feel angry or sad, it simply means that you want to feel differently and are willing to make steps towards this goal.
5. Do something positive that immediately alters your mood. You may pick a physical activity: shaking your booty to your favorite song or doing a few jumping jacks can do the trick. You may want to turn to art and creativity, such as coloring a bit, singing a song, or writing it out. You may want to create laughter or a smile with a funny video or cute animal photos.
Taking 3 deep breaths, a few minutes to meditate, or simply counting to 10 may also work for you. There is no right or wrong. Whether it is 5 minutes of meditation, listening to some punk rock, painting your nails, hugging a tree, or watching a clip from Friends, it is perfect, as long as it shifts YOUR mood, brings YOU joy and creates more balance within YOU.
6. Do something positive for someone else. Being of service will bring positivity not only into your life, but to someone else’s too and ultimately to the entire world.
You don’t have to make a big gesture to create a rapid mood shift, just do something small and random. Help an old lady across the street, give someone a genuine compliment, buy a coffee for the person next in line, donate to Kiva, or send an uplifting video to someone.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure to DO something positive to get your positive energy flowing to help carry you through the rest of your day.
7. Don’t forget about your body. Take in alkaline-forming, organic whole foods, lots of vegetables and fruits. Green juices and green smoothies are great ways to raise your energy levels quickly and naturally.
The cleaner and healthier your system is, the easier it is to feel happiness. A glass of Organifi Green Juice Powder can create magic on a physical level.
8. Continue to be compassionate. Accept your feelings, whatever they are. Always welcome small shifts into your life. Repeat these steps as you need to throughout your day. Choose to allow happiness into your life. This conscious choice can allow you to feel happiness and think positively. Don’t force it, simply be open to it and let joy naturally flow into your life.
What are your ways to create a mood shift, to raise your vibration and to find happiness in a funk? Share below, we would love to hear and learn from you.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS