6 Genius Ways To Use Lemon Peels Around The House
By Lindsay Sibson
6 Genius Ways to Use Lemon Peels Around Your House
You’ve already read that drinking water with fresh lemon is an excellent way to BOOST your health.
And I’m willing to bet that after squeezing that lemon, you most likely toss it in the trash because it has been used – RIGHT?
Lemon peels are a valuable commodity – especially when it comes to cleaning your home.
Check out these USEFUL ways you can use lemon peels to have a sparkling clean (and healthy) home.
Why Lemon Peels?
Conventional cleaners are made with synthetic fragrances and harmful chemicals, which:
- Contain hazardous chemicals
- Can irritate your skin
- Cause respiratory problems
- Are poisonous if ingested
How To Use Lemon Peels To Clean Your House
|All Purpose Cleaner
- Helps cut grease and disinfect
- Place lemon peels in a glass jar. Pour white vinegar over the peels until fully submerged
- Allow the solution to sit for 2 weeks
- Strain the liquid and combine it with water, using a 50/50 ratio
- Use as your normally would use an all purpose cleaner!
- Freshen up your fridge by placing a lemon peel inside
- Throw a few lemon peels in the bottom of your trash can to help dispel odors
- Add lemon peels to your dishwasher to help rinse and deodorize it
- “Clean” your garbage disposal by putting a few small slices of lemon peel down it
- Get rid of ants and other insects by placing small slices of lemon along your:
- Door entrances
- Near cracks or holes
- Ants do not like lemon, meaning it will keep them from coming in your home!
- Also effective for roaches and fleas
- Lemon’s natural acidity provides excellent antibacterial properties
- Rub surfaces (such as your cutting board) with half a lemon
- Let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing with water
- Clean your stainless steel, chrome and copper by sprinkling sea salt on the metal and then using a lemon peel to scrub it
- Removes dirt, grime and stain
- Rinse and polish
- Make a scented humidifier by putting lemon peels in a pot of water
- Simmer on the lowest setting on your stove
- Will humidify and scent the air
Who knew that one little lemon could have the power to keep your body HEALTHY and your home sparkling clean. SCORE!
Did you find the information in this article useful? So will your friends! Don’t forget to SHARE this article now.
Image Source, Image Source
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS