Hot Chocolate That Can Help You Lose Weight (Keto Friendly!)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Chocolate is divine. There is no doubt about that.
Drinking a warm and creamy mug of hot chocolate while kicking your feet up.
THAT, my friend, is heaven on earth.
But since you are dedicated to living a Fitlife, you know that standard hot chocolate drinks are overloaded with refined SUGAR – yuck!
Instead, make this homemade hot chocolate, which is chock full of healthy fats that will not only PROMOTE your body to burn more fat as fuel, but is also loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
This “high fat” hot drink is also great for those following a ketogenic diet. Here is why…
What Is A KETOGENIC Diet?
The ketogenic diet:
- Is a low carb and high fat diet
- Trains your body to get its energy from KETONES and not glucose
When your body doesn’t have carbs to burn – your body uses FAT as fuel instead!
This cycle is known as ketosis, because the fats you eat get converted into ketones through your liver to become your body’s main source of energy!
Want to burn more fat while sipping on a sweet and decadent HOT CHOCOLATE?
Of course you do! Here is how…
Health Benefits Of Hot Keto-Coco
- Made from the cacao tree and is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet
- Loaded with minerals
- Improves blood flow and can lower blood pressure
- Raises HDL and protects LDL against oxidation
- Has a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assists with blood sugar control
- Reduces hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Coconut milk is packed with nutrients such as magnesium and potassium:
- Muscles use these to repair broken down tissue and to grow back stronger
- Coconut milk does not need to be fully digested first before your body can use it
- Great source of energy for your brain
- Excellent source of plant-based iron
- A great supplement for your diet
- High in healthy fats:
- Lauric acid is useful in helping your body create energy
This rich and chocolatey Hot Keto-Coco is the perfect way to give your insides a nice warm and relaxing hug.
How To Make Hot Keto-Coco
- In a small pot, pour in the cacao, sweetener and boiling water and stir.
- Add the almond milk and coconut milk.
- Place the pot over low-medium heat and cook until it starts to simmer.
- Once heated, stir well and then pour into 2 mugs.
TIP: Use this drink in place of a snack… or as a nighttime dessert. Yummy!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS