Hot Chocolate Made Healthy (Yes, It’s Possible)
Written by: Sara Wylie
Healthy Hot Chocolate – Guilt Free!
As I was on the road the other day, driving through some countryside, I found myself taking note of the cool breeze coming through the rolled-down window, the corn fields growing nice and tall to my right, the pumpkins getting all bright and round to my left and then the thought hit me…
Oh my gosh, it’s Fall!
Seriously, it’s insane how fast time can pass. For me, I still feel like we haven’t even gotten through March yet… I guess it’s about time I got caught up, because Fall is clearly here!
Fall’s arrival not only means the world is about to transform into a garden-like haven full of beautiful, breathtaking colors, it also means that the weather is going to steadily grow colder and colder; what with all the wind, rainfall and even potential snowfall in some places, all one can really do is make sure he/she is prepared.
For me personally, this realization actually got me feeling absolutely jittery with excitement; I LOVE the Fall! I love the changing of the leaves, the warm outfits, the rainy days, the time I get to spend curled up with a book and a blanket as I enjoy the warmth of a nice mug of hot chocolate…
Now, before you go off and tell me about how hot chocolate is stocked with “poison” and that I should cut back and take it easy, let me tell you that the hot chocolate I intend to be drinking this Fall season will actually be completely natural – clear of both dairy and sugar.
“Is that even possible?”
Why yes, yes it is! Hot chocolate can be made to be just as satisfying as you always remembered it being while still providing you with natural, healthful benefits. With this recipe (provided to us by Wellness Mama), you can now say “goodbye” to cocoa packets and sugar-filled mugs of “chocolatey poison” and “hello” to a Fall season full of warm, delicious joy!
Give this recipe a whirl and let us know how it goes. Do you have any other healthy hot chocolate recipes that are just to die for? Feel free to include those too!
Real Food Hot Chocolate
Delicious real food hot chocolate combines cocoa powder, coconut oil or butter, water or coconut milk, honey or maple syrup and turmeric for a satisfying and healthy drink.
Real Food Hot Chocolate
- 8 ounces of hot (not boiling) water or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (like this one)
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp of butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp of maple syrup or raw honey (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend to combine.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Recipe can be doubled or multiplied as needed.
- Adding more butter or coconut oil will make a thicker hot chocolate.
- This must be done in a blender, since with the added coconut oil or butter, just stirring will not make a smooth mixture.
- More sweetener can be added for a sweeter hot chocolate if desired.
Sara Wylie resides in Utah where she is currently working as an Editorial Intern for Fitlife.tv while also pursuing a career in writing. She hopes that through her words and fiery passion, she will be able to not only inspire others to seek out and nourish their own passions, but to also help others feel what it’s like to truly be alive.
Latest posts by Sara Wylie (see all)
- Guyabano (Soursop) As Anti-Cancer, Anti-UTI, Anti-Anemia, Anti-Constipation And Anti-Infection Agent! - February 15, 2018
- Turmeric Treatment Heals Woman, 67, From 5 Year Battle With Blood Cancer, Recorded Case - January 15, 2018
- These Noodles Are Linked To Chronic Inflammation, Weight Gain, Alzheimer’s And Parkinson’s - January 13, 2018
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS