Crispy Sweet Potato Crackers That Have Just 5 Ingredients and Over 80 Minerals
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Sometimes all you need is a good ol’ cruuuuunchy snack.
You know what I’m talking about… hard pretzels, crackers, potato chips – yum! As delicious as they may be, however, many varieties of crunchy snack food are packed with questionable ingredients that can cause indigestion, upset stomach, excessive gas, or a bad case of “I just ate the whole bag, yet I’m still hungry” syndrome.
The next time you get a snack attack, be PREPARED by baking these delicious, nutritious, natural and easy-to-make sweet potato Crackers.
Health Benefits Of Sweet Potato Crackers:
Sweet Potato Cracker Recipe
- ½ cup cooked sweet potatoes
- •2 eggs
- •½ cup coconut oil OR butter
- •½ tsp sea salt (I recommend pink himalayan)
- •5 tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, mix ALL ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread cracker mixture to about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and score half-baked dough into cracker sized pieces.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil over crackers.
- Sprinkle sea salt over crackers.
- Return to oven and bake until crispy, about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Crackers will soften after a few hours, but you can re-bake them to get them crispy again!
- Excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene).
- Good source of vitamin C, copper, manganese, vitamin B6, potassium, dietary fiber, phosphorus, vitamin B1 and B2.
- Great source of high-quality protein.
- Egg whites are rich in vitamin C, B6, B12, iron, zinc, copper and selenium.
- Chock full of incredible nutrients and fats.
- Have saturated fatty acids that provide a quick source of energy.
- Contains vitamin E, K and iron.
|Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Packs 80+ minerals and elements.
- Creates an electrolyte balance in your body.
- Increases hydration.
- Balances your pH level (alkaline/acidity).
Snacks are for SHARING, so send this snack recipe to your family and friends now and let us know how you like it!
Source: The Coconut Mama
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS