This Coconut Chai Latte Will Fight Fatigue, Indigestion and Inflammation
By Lindsay Sibson
I first broke up with fancy coffee shops because of the ridiculous prices. $4.50 for a small chai latte with cow’s milk (which I KNOW will ruin my digestion and make me feel sick) – SAY WHAT?
However, I still found myself creeping back in to indulge in the occasional “specialty beverage.” Who can resist that frothy cup of spicy goodness?
That was until NOW…
I have discovered a BETTER way to enjoy my favorite hot and creamy beverage – from the comfort of my home. Furthermore, this chai latte has ingredients that are beneficial for my health… and YOURS!
Benefits Of Homemade Coconut Chai Latte
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your body from damage caused by free radicals.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps fights bacterial and fungal infections.
- Can help relieve digestive problems such as chronic indigestion.
- Relieves nausea (seasickness, morning sickness).
- Has strong anti-inflammatory effects.
- Provides aid in digestion.
- Boosts your immune system.
- Has antibacterial properties that can help fight infection.
- Contains trace minerals such as potassium, iron, calcium and manganese.
- Helps keep your brain sharp due to its myristicin content.
- Boosts your blood circulation.
- Rich source of copper, manganese, iron, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus.
- Can help you build muscle and lose fat.
- Provides you body with electrolytes and helps prevent fatigue.
To get started, you first need to make your homemade chai spice blend.
NOW, you are ready to make your delicious chai latte!
Chai Spice Blend
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of black pepper
- Simply mix all the spices above in a small glass jar - VOILA!
This homemade coconut chai latte is sure to give you a warm hug from the inside out. Who do YOU want to SHARE a latte with? Send this recipe to them now!
Homemade Coconut Chai Latte
- In a small pot over medium heat, add all chai latte ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Lower head and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Strain out spices.
- To make it creamy and frothy, pour ingredients into the blender and mix it for 10 seconds.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon for a beautiful touch!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS