Homemade Blueberry Jam – Using ONLY 1 Ingredient!
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Between work, family, exercising, friends and hobbies… life can get rather complicated.
As a result, making homemade products can seem daunting and overly time consuming.
I don’t know about you, but when I see a recipe with an ingredient list of more than a few items I immediately search for something easier.
Therefore, when I found a delicious recipe that involved only 1 ingredient – JACKPOT!
Better yet, this recipe is not only simple to make… but also utterly sweet.
Impress yourself (and your tastebuds) in the kitchen by whipping up a batch of 1-Ingredient BLUEBERRY JAM.
Benefits Of Blueberries
- High levels of phytochemicals – naturally occurring nutrients that help protect cells from damage
- Excellent antioxidant power, which protects your body from inflammation and free radicals
- Loaded with fiber, which helps your feel fuller longer
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes.
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C
- Low in calories but high in nutrients
- Packed with manganese
It’s time to grab your favorite healthy muffins or a slice of homemade bread and enjoy this sweet and tasty blueberry jam!
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small saucepan, cook the blueberries on medium-low heat.
- The blueberries will release juices and start to thicken.
- Continuously stir the berries so they do not burn (every few minutes).
- Continue cooking and stirring the blueberries for 20 minutes - until the berries form a jam consistency.
- Storage Tips:
- Pour the jam into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator (use within a week).
- To prolong this jam’s shelf life, put it into small containers and place in the freezer (will last for 3 weeks in the refrigerator once opened).
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS