Turmeric has curcumin that works as a potent painkiller and anti-inflammatory agent. So, regular consumption of turmeric may help ease the pain and inflammation of a heel spur.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 1 cup of milk. Heat it over a low flame. Drink this twice a day for speedy recovery.
- You can also take 500 to 1,000 mg of curcumin 3 times a day for about 6 weeks. Consult a doctor before beginning a supplement regimen.
Another popular alternative treatment for heel spurs is alfalfa. This herb contains many minerals like selenium and calcium required for healthy bone formation. Also, it can help alleviate pain and inflammation.
- Add ½ to 1 teaspoon of alfalfa seeds to a cup of boiling water.
- Cover and let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain, then add a little honey.
- Drink this tea 3 or 4 times daily until the pain and inflammation is gone.
- Then drink 1 to 2 cups of alfalfa tea daily to keep the symptoms at bay.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of borax with 4 cups of cold, chlorinated water.
- Soak your feet in this solution for 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Repeat daily for a few weeks.
- You can do exercises like calf stretches and plantar fascia stretches twice daily, in the morning and evening.
- You can also do foot rotation exercises whenever you have time.
- Also, go cycling or swimming for some time.
When doing these exercises, listen to your body. There is no need to exhaust your body, especially your heels, by following a strenuous exercise routine.
- Wear the right running shoes to protect your feet.
- Avoid wearing ill-fitting, tight or irregular shoes.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Follow a diet rich in vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- You can try night splints. An L-shaped splint made of fiberglass is a good option.
- To take the pressure off your heel, use a heel cushion or a heel-raising pad in your shoe.
- Allow your feet to rest, as rest is essential for quick recovery. Keep your feet elevated when resting.
- Never go barefoot, especially on hard surfaces. Always protect your soles with cushions.
- Stretch your feet before rising in the morning.
- Avoid standing for long hours.
- Take calcium and magnesium supplements after consulting your doctor. You can also take 1,000 mg of omega-3 fatty acid supplements twice a day, or 500 mg ginger tablets 2 or 3 times daily.
- Expose the affected heel to morning sunlight to help speed up recovery.
- Reduce stress as it can worsen the condition.
- Yoga and meditation can also help a lot.
- Acupuncture can also relieve pain and inflammation.
Make use of this information to hype up your very own detoxification! Start now!
The detoxification process can also take in the form of a juice fast. Here at FitLife.TV, we recommend people to try the Alpha Reset (AR). The Alpha Reset is a 5 Day Juice Fast. It is part of the Juice with Drew System. This is the first step in your detoxification process. If you are just starting out with juicing, do not jump right into a juice fast right away. Just try 1 juice per day along with the rest of your nutrition and see how your body responds. If your body responds well to juicing, then ramp up the number of juices per day. These healthy, nutrient-dense juices can replace that coffee you reach for in the morning or that soda in the afternoon. Here are some of our followers that have tried the Alpha Reset!
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician. Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.