Here Is The Solution To Your Gluten Problems
By Lindsay Sibson
I am a lover and having positive and fulfilling relationships is definitely a priority in my life.
However, I have been “in a complicated relationship” with gluten for YEARS.
You see, bread, pizza and pasta are freaking delicious. That is a fact. The intestinal warfare and indigestion I experience post consumption = NO THANKS!
My mom raised me to be a girl that goes after my goals, so I am not about to let a gluten glitch stand in the way of me eating these delicious dishes.
What’s a girl to do? Time to problem solve! Well… what I really mean is it’s time to Google!
If there is a will, there is a way… and coconut flour is the way to go if you are looking for a gluten-free, healthy alternative that you can use to make breads, pizza crusts, cakes and so much more.
Check out these jumping-for-joy benefits below!
8 Benefits Of Coconut Flour
- 100% gluten-free flour – yipee!
- Has a nice texture, not mealy like other gluten-free flours
- Easy to start cooking with (if new to gluten-free cooking)
- Minimally processed
- Healthy and natural source of protein
- Valuable source of protein for vegans and vegetarians
|Contains Healthy Fat
- Coconuts are packed with healthy fats
- Lauric acid – helps maintain a healthy thyroid and skin
|Promotes Healthy Digestion
- The fats and fiber composition is gentle to digest
- Helps your body stay regular (and poop every day)
|High In Fiber
- Helps you feel fuller longer
- Supports proper digestion
|Low In Carbohydrates
- Great alternative if you are looking to reduce your carb intake
- Still has the effect of making you feel full
- A vitamin that is key to overall vitamin absorption in your body
- Works with vitamin D to help protect your bones
|Safe For Diabetics
- Doesn’t dramatically spike your blood sugar like other conventional flours
- Helps reduce the effects of other foods on your blood sugar level
Now that you have stocked up on coconut flour, what the heck do you do with it? Here are 3 recipes to get you started:
Do you have a delicious tried-and-true coconut flour recipe that you can share with our community? Please COMMENT below (I have a large bag sitting in my pantry and need ideas – thanks!).
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS