Use These 8 Daily Methods to Help Your Lymph Release Toxins
By Lindsay Sibson
Your body is an amazing wonderland of processes and systems that keep your body either functioning at its best… or feeling weak and tired.
Your lymph system is a very important system in your body that is composed of tissues and fluids that run throughout your entire body (much like your circulation system). However, your lymph system does not have the help of your heart to keep things pumping and moving throughout your body. Therefore, it is vital to make sure that you are helping your lymph system release and empty fluids to avoid any toxic build up (which can leave you feeling weak and unwell).
When your lymph system gets congested, it leads to your lymph nodes swelling, which causes pains and aches throughout your body. It will also result in your liver and kidneys becoming toxic, because the toxins and chemicals from your lymphatic system aren’t draining properly. As a result, this can lead to weight gain, poor circulation, hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, and being sick more often… among many other things!
Luckily, there are quite a few easy ways that you can stimulate your lymph system every day to release toxins and cleanse your body.
Here are 8 ways to help your lymph system release toxins:
1. Eat Raw Fruits: Eating raw (uncooked) fruits on an empty stomach will allow the enzymes and acids in the fruit to have a detoxifying effect on your system. Grapefruit, lemon and lime work incredibly well to stimulate the lymph system to drain – so add a slice to your morning water to get your day off to a great detoxifying start!
2. Skin Brushing: This can be easily done before a shower by taking a dry brush and gently massaging your entire body (massage towards your heart). This not only will exfoliate your skin, but will also invigorate your lymph system.
3. Hot And Cold Showers: While showering, switch from using hot water to cold water. The frequent change in temperature will stimulate your lymph system to move as well as your circulation by expanding and contracting your body’s blood vessels.
4. Exercise: By walking briskly or engaging in intense exercise every day, you will encourage the lymph system and lymph fluids to circulate to you kidney and liver so that they can be filtered and released from your body.
5. Drink Water: To help remove toxins and chemicals, your body needs plenty of water to filter the lymphatic system! Drinking water throughout the day will ensure your body is not only hydrated, but also detoxifying the elements that can make you feel lousy.
6. Rebounding: This is the simple act of jumping up and down on a trampoline (or just the floor if you don’t have a trampoline). This will allow your heart rate and breath to increase and the gravity of bouncing up and down will encourage your lymphatic system to detoxify cells.
7. Massage: Not like you need another excuse to get a massage, but a massage (especially deep tissues) works to move the lymphatic tissue to drain. It basically “squeezes” the lymph system to release impurities and make room for healthy nutrients to come in and keep your system healthy and functioning properly.
8. Laughter: Getting the giggles causes you to take deeper breathes. As a result, this stimulates your lungs and circulation to work together with the lymph system!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS