Heart Surgeon Speaks Out About The True Cause Of Heart Disease
Did you know that 610,000 people die from heart disease every year?
It is the number one cause of death globally. In 2015 alone, 17.7 million people were affected with 31% of cases ending with death. 7.4 million of these deaths were due to coronary heart disease and 6.7 million were due to a stroke.
How is that possible when 25% of the population is taking statin medication and eating a low-fat diet? Have we been lied to about the causes of heart disease?
Dr. Dwight Lundell, heart surgeon with over 25 years of experience with 5,000 open heart surgeries under his belt, former Chief of Staff and Chief of Surgery at Banner Heart Hospital and author of The Cure for Heart Disease and The Great Cholesterol Lie, wrote an article about his newfound understanding of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and Alzheimer’s and how they can be reversed naturally through diet and lifestyle.
He explained that as a cardiac surgeon, he was misguided for years prescribing cholesterol-lowering medication and a low-fat diet to his patients. Dr. Lundell doesn’t practice anymore, but dedicated his life to spreading the message of natural methods for heart health.
He shared that these medications and low carb diets are actually NOT helping patients.
What Causes Heart Disease?
Your body’s system is designed to protect you from invaders like viruses and bacteria through a natural defense system. Inflammation is its tool to protect you from short-term illnesses and injuries.
However, when you are eating an unhealthy diet and living an unhealthy lifestyle, your body feels constantly under attack and develops chronic inflammation. With a continuous bad diet, you are feeding this inflammation, which leads to pain and health conditions, including heart disease.
For years, we’ve been told that fat was the enemy, especially when it comes to heart health.
The truth is that it’s not fat, but unhealthy carbs, such as sugar and flours, that are the main problem. Inflammation-causing omega-3 fatty acids such as corn, canola, soy and sunflower oil are also a problem. Furthermore, toxic chemicals in non-organic foods, artificial ingredients and GMOs lead to even more inflammation.
Under such conditions, being fed a processed food, inflammatory diet, your body cannot possibly function properly. Of course it will develop inflammation, pain and disease.
What Can You Do?
- Reduce, or rather eliminate foods that cause inflammation, including refined sugar, processed foods, artificial ingredients and toxic ingredients.
- Regenerate and repair through healthy, mostly organic foods, including healthy fats, greens, vegetables and fruits.
- Choose the right fats, such as coconut oil, avocados, avocado oil, grass-fed butter, hemp oil, olive oil, walnut oil, nuts and seeds.
- Get your omega-3s in through fish oil or algae oil with both DHA and EPA.
- Optimize your insulin levels by eliminating refined sugars and grains and eating healthy fats.
- Exercise regularly, 20-30 minutes fives times a week at least and move throughout the day.
- Find healthy outlets for negative emotions and stress, such as meditation, relaxation exercises, journaling, coloring, being in nature and yoga.
- Optimize your vitamin D levels through high-quality supplements and spending some time in the sun.
- Fight inflammation with the help of turmeric.
Using these tips, you can successfully lower inflammation and pain and prevent disease. Remember, turmeric is one of your secret weapons against inflammation.
One of the most delicious ways to add turmeric to your diet this fall is through our Organifi Gold, Pumpkin Spice. It is made with powerful superfoods, such as turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon and reishi. It can fight inflammation, relax your body, calm your mind and help you sleep. Just mix one scoop with a glass of coconut milk, nut milk, or water to enjoy the most delicious fall beverage.
How will you reduce inflammation and pain in your body this fall? Did you try our new Organifi Gold, Pumpkin Spice? Share your answers in the comments, we would love to hear from you.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS