Healthy Sweet Potato Brownies
Healthy Sweet Potato Brownies
Written by: Brandi Monasco
I’m a self-proclaimed chocoholic and brownies are one of the things in life that I simply cannot resist! Those ooey-gooey chocolate brownies! Yum!
But, they’re not so good for you. Sad, I know. However, I did come across a healthy brownie recipe that I’m dying to try out soon: Sweet Potato Brownies.
You’re probably thinking, “Gross! How can a sweet potato taste like a brownie?” or you may even be wondering if the brownies will taste like sweet potato. If I had to guess, I would say no. Just like an avocado can make chocolate pudding without the taste of avocado, sweet potatoes can do the same thing.
Sweet potatoes are very healthy for you. They’re loaded with different vitamins that your body needs such as vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to ward off viruses, especially during the cold and flu season. Vitamin C also plays an important role in tooth and bone growth. Sweet potatoes also contain magnesium, which helps you to relax. Magnesium also helps play a role in the development of serotonin.
Other than the regular sweet potato recipes, like mashed sweet potatoes or baked sweet potatoes, what is your favorite sweet potato recipe? Share with us in the comments!
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato purée
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼–½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tspn baking soda
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup sprouted almond butter
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 8x8 pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine avocado, sweet potato, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Once creamy, add in cacao powder.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine both mixtures until smooth.
- Transfer to greased pan and bake for 25–35 minutes.
- While baking, combine the last 5 ingredients listed in a separate bowl and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Once the brownies are done baking and have cooled, frost.
At Last: Nature’s Youth Drink! Increase Fat Loss & STOP Aging Skin With A Delicious Mix Of 11 Revitalizing Ingredients: Finally All Together In One Delicious Red Glass! It’s never been done! We picked the best organic superfoods for a RAPID metabolism. Then we sourced all the antioxidants for stronger, firmer skin. (Everything’s Organic!) Finally, we squeezed them all into one delicious red superfood punch! Try Organifi Red Juice today!
If you’re looking to speak directly with a member of our team regarding your health concerns and how we can help, give us a call: 619-404-3133. We love hearing from you!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS