Healthy Makeup Remover Recipe (Gentle On Eyes)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I like simplicity, as well as efficiency – even when it comes to my personal care and beauty routines.
Therefore, I THOUGHT it was a good idea to use store bought makeup removing wipes.
OH, how wrong I was…
Now, I’m not speaking for every type of makeup removing wipe out there, BUT the wipes I selected made my eyeballs sting SO bad that it made it 100% impossible to use them.
I know you other ladies out there know EXACTLY what I am talking about.
Therefore, it became necessary for me to find a natural, easy and EFFECTIVE makeup removing alternative (especially for that stubborn eye makeup).
Here is a gentle-for-your-eyes homemade makeup remover using all natural ingredients:
How To Make Gentle Homemade Makeup Remover
What You Need
- 4 tablespoons witch hazel (without alcohol)
- Very gentle on your skin
- Works as a strong antioxidant
- Prevents cellular damage
- Works as an astringent
- Kills bacteria that live in your pores
- 2 tablespoon pure jojoba oil
- Great for your skin!
- Removes bacteria from your face
- Stimulates collagen synthesis
- Naturally slows down the aging process
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Rich in vitamin E
- Helps keep your skin feeling supple
- Calms irritation
- Eliminates dryness
- Great for helping to remove mascara without irritating your eyes
- 3 tablespoon purified water
- Helps keep your skin hydrated
1. In a small glass jar or bottle, pour in ALL of the ingredients.
2. Place the lid on the jar and shake it well to blend the ingredients together.
To Use: Shake the container each time prior to application. Use with a cotton pad or ball and wipe your face gently to remove your makeup.
If you want an even simpler way to remove eye makeup, coconut oil by itself works like a charm as well!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS