Healthy Homemade Nutella Recipe (Vegan)
By Lindsay Sibson
Chocolate = delicious.
Chocolate when you are sad = love.
Chocolate at “that time of the month” = marriage.
BUT, chocolate can be one temperamental lover, depending on the type of chocolate and sweets you choose. Many treats contain chemically enhanced ingredients, questionable sweeteners and other unhealthy additives.
Don’t worry though, you don’t need to break up with getting your chocolate fix. The BEST solution is to make your own delights at home.
Let me introduce you to the decadent and healthy Homemade Nutella.
Why make it at home when you can just pick up a jar from the store?
Check out these facts comparing the two:
|Vegetable oil (palm oil) – high in saturated fat and a huge GMO crop.
||Vegetable oil- free.
|13% hazelnut (resembles milk chocolate more than a “hazelnut cream”).
||Packed with hazelnuts.
|Contains vanillin – a synthetic flavor component.
||No artificial flavors.
Follow this recipe to create a healthy, rich, nutty and chocolately treat!
Now it is time to enjoy your creation. Happy Chocolating!
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup honey
- ½ cup rice milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 376 F (176 C).
- Place hazelnuts on baking sheet and toast for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Rub hazelnuts wrapped in a towel to remove skins (it is okay if some remain).
- Allow hazelnuts to cool down and place in food processor.
- Blend hazelnuts in processor until it forms a nut butter (peanut butter consistency).
- Add all other ingredients - but only ½ the milk - and mix.
- Continue adding milk to desired consistency.
- Remove your homemade Nutella and store in a sealed jar.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS