Healthy Holiday Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie (Vegan)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You won’t have to run, run, as fast as your can after this decadent holiday treat because it is made with natural and good-for-your-body ingredients.
The holidays are chock full of sweets, snacks, desserts and MORE… which makes it uber easy to set aside your health goals and pack on a few pounds.
Lucky for you – you won’t have to forego the delightful holiday flavors, because you are one smart cookie and know that there is ALWAYS, always, always a healthy alternative.
This Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie will certainly have you catching the healthy holiday spirit:
Benefits Of A Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Indulge your sweet tooth for minimal calories – a medium sized banana has about 110 calories!
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- Incredible source of fiber, which helps ease constipation and controls your blood sugar
- Contains manganese, selenium, phosphorus, fiber, magnesium and zinc
- Helps reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Can help lower cholesterol
- Improves satiety, digestion and your overall general metabolic health
- Helps stabilize blood sugar
- Contains powerful antioxidants called polyphenols
- Proven to alter body composition
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Can help reduce the accumulation of belly fat and speed up your metabolism
- Helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Has antifungal properties and can help fight against chronic candida
- Contains iron, manganese, calcium and fiber
- Lowest sugar content of any sugar cane product
- Contains vital vitamins and minerals
- Iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium and vitamin B6
How To Make A Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium frozen banana
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ⅛ tsp clove powder
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- If desired, add a few ice cubes to create a lighter consistency.
2. Top with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg and you are good to go!
Happy and healthy holidays to your and your loved ones!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS