Healthy Donut Bites: Raw, Vegan & Gluten-Free
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Just like there is the law of gravity… what goes up must come down.
There is also the “law of donuts…” one does not simply eat one donut.
They are just so. darn. delicious. Mmmmm.
While the real deal is loaded with refined sugar and artificial ingredients, there IS a healthier (yet still tasty) way to delight in donut-y goodness.
These raw vegan donuts bites are made with 100% natural ingredients that are body-friendly and packed with health benefits.
Go ahead and eat that second one – you are just following “the law,” after all!
Benefits Of Raw Vegan Donut Bites
- Incredible source of fiber, which helps ease constipation and controls your blood sugar
- Contains manganese, selenium, phosphorus, fiber, magnesium and zinc
- Helps reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Can help lower cholesterol
- Improves satiety, digestion and your overall general metabolic health
- Rich in iron, copper and zinc
- Manganese content supports your metabolism
- Rich in potassium, a mineral essential to a range of basic physiological processes
- Great source of dietary fiber
- Contains copper, an essential trace mineral that helps your body absorb and use iron to form red blood cells
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup raw cashews
- ⅔ cup pitted dates
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp vanilla powder OR vanilla extract
- In a high speed blender, process all of the dough ingredients to form a thick, moist dough.
- Roll the dough into bite sized balls.
- Put in the freezer for 20 minutes until firm.
- On low heat, melt the coconut oil and then whisk in the syrup and vanilla.
- Once it becomes a thin caramel-like consistency, dip the donut bites in the glaze.
- Re-whisk the glaze as needed between dippings.
- Put them back in the freezer until the glaze becomes hardened.
These yummy donut bites are best eaten straight from the freezer, which is perfect for the moments when you are looking for a healthy and sweet treat!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS