Healthy Dessert Alert! Creamy & Delicious Protein Pudding Recipe
By Lindsay Sibson
Would you want to live in a land where people eat dessert first?
What about if they eat it for breakfast?
YES – this magical land exists and I’m living there right now… SICILY!
Head to any local cafe in the morning and you will see Sicilians eating granite with brioche for breakfast (similar to water ice with a sweet bread roll on the side).
Italians are also serious about their sweets – gelato, biscotti, cannolis – oh-me-OH-MY.
However, spend a few weeks in this sweet foodie paradise and you’ll earn yourself a few extra pounds (*ahem* speaking from experience here).
But, a girl needs her dessert, RIGHT?
Fear not, for healthy alternatives exist – such as this tasty and fulfilling protein pudding.
Check out how you can savor this sweet delight at home tonight!
Benefits Of Protein Pudding
- Proteins are the main building blocks of your body
- Used to make tendons, skin, organs, hormones and more
- Without adequate protein, your body can’t put together these structures
- Protein create substances needed for:
- Cardiovascular function
- Muscle contraction
- Helps you gain muscle and increase strength
- Improves satiety
- Encourages the loss of body fat and weight by boosting your metabolism
- Contains an incredible range of amino acids
- Packed with probiotics
- Great for your digestive system
- Loaded with B12, which is necessary for energy and healthy brain function
- Contains protein
- Full on iodine
- Important for proper thyroid function (which is essential for a healthy metabolism)
- High in calcium
- Helps regulate your body’s output of cortisol
- Too much cortisol can lead to weight gain
The options are endless in regards to how to top off this delicious protein pudding. Here are a few ideas to get your started:
- 1 scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 6 ounces of plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Combine protein powder with the yogurt.
- Use water as necessary to thin out the texture of the pudding.
- Chopped nuts
- Fresh sliced fruit
- Diced dried fruit
- Toasted shredded coconut flakes
- Stir in chia seeds
This versatile recipe is perfect for a post workout snack or a creamy and tasty dessert.
HOW will you eat it? Tell us in the COMMENTS below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS