Health-Boosting Protein Powder Popsicle Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I have a confession to make, I’m not a huge fan of running.
This is strange for me to say considering, I’ve completed both full and half marathons… but now when I see people running I think to myself, “That doesn’t look fun.”
However, as a kid, NOTHING (and I mean nothing) could inspire me to burst into a sprint more than when I heard the jolly music of the ice cream truck.
OH, those cold treats on a hot summer’s day – such BLISS! Screwballs, those strangely pink colored baseball mitts, candy “cigarettes” you would chisel with you teeth… there were so many options.
But – nothing comes close to the simplicity of a creamy and chocolatey fudge pop.
Better yet, how about a BOOSTED version that is packed with protein and healthy fat that you can easily make in the comfort of your kitchen? YES, PLEASE!
Warning: These delicious pops may have you running to your freezer- STAT.
Learn how to make them below!
Benefits Of Protein Powder Popsicles
- Proteins are the main building blocks of your body
- Used to make tendons, skin, organs, hormones and more
- Without adequate protein, your body can’t put together these structures
- Protein create substances needed for:
- Cardiovascular function
- Muscle contraction
- Helps you gain muscle and increase strength
- Improves satiety
- Is the most fulfilling macronutrient
- Encourages the loss of body fat and weight by boosting your metabolism
- Contains an incredible range of amino acids
- A great alternative for people who have dairy sensitivities or allergies
- High in healthy fats:
- Lauric acid is useful in helping your body create energy
- Coconut milk is packed with nutrients such as magnesium and potassium:
- Muscles use these to repair broken down tissue and to grow back stronger
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties
- Full of antioxidants
- Easy to digest
- Stimulates your metabolism
- Coconut milk does not need to be fully digested first before your body can use it
- Great source of energy for your brain
- Excellent source of plant-based iron
- A great supplement for your diet
Get creative with these pops! Mix up the recipe by adding your favorite flavors and ingredients, such as:
Protein Powder Popsicles
- 2 scoops of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- Popsicle molds
- Mix ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze!
- Chopped fresh fruit
- Nuts and seeds
- Or stir in your favorite nut butter
These Protein Popsicles are a perfect way to cool down on a hot summer’s day or after a sweaty workout.
Don’t forget to send this recipe to your workout buddy – they will surely enjoy this healthy treat!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS