Healing And Cleansing Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
By Lindsay Sibson
Life gets busy.
I get it.
Somedays you may not even have time to use the bathroom in peace (I hear you, moms out there).
Therefore, consistently preparing and eating healthy meals can pose quite a challenge.
That is why I LOVE to cook in bulk and have “leftovers” on hand for those days when the only thought going through my head is how much I can’t wait to get in bed that night.
An easy and nutritious go-to healthy meal is SOUP!
I’m not talking about the gelatinous canned stuff you can buy off the grocery store’s shelf… what I am referring to is simple, homemade soups that you can whip up once a week – and enjoy time and time again!
This Healing Cauliflower Turmeric Soup definitely deserves a spot in your weekly diet. It’s easy to make, has incredible health benefits and is tasty served warm or cold.
Check it out below!
Benefits Of Healing Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Source of vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and manganese
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Improves blood pressure and kidney function
- A good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development
- Has dietary fiber, which supports proper digestive health
- Aids in detoxification
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- A strong anti-oxidant
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Purifies blood
- Protects from free radicals
- And much, much MORE!
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Helps prevent and reduce common illnesses
- A great alternative for people who have dairy sensitivities or allergies
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties
- Full of antioxidants
- Easy to digest
- Stimulates your metabolism
- Improves heart health by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
- Helps you build muscle and lose fat
- Provides electrolytes and prevents fatigue
Healing Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
- 1 large head of organic cauliflower, chopped
- 2-3 tsp of turmeric powder (to desired taste)
- 4 large cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- On a baking sheet, place the cauliflower, onion and garlic
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle 1 sprig of dill and cayenne pepper on top
- Roast for 20 minutes until lightly browned
- Note: If garlic begins to brown too quickly, remove from pan
- While the cauliflower is roasting, place the coconut milk, turmeric, salt and other sprig of dill in a blender
- Blend well
- Remove the cauliflower, onion and garlic from the oven and slowly add and mix into the blender
- Puree until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency
- Pour into bowls
- Garnish with roasted cauliflower to dill
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS