Have You Tried Guacamole For Dessert? You’re Gonna Love This
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
As if regular guac wasn’t enough to celebrate (and eat everyday), this dessert guac recipe will have you rejoicing in ALL THINGS AVOCADO!
Not to mention it’s chock full of good-for-your-body ingredients. Check ‘em out:
Health Benefits Of Dessert Guacamole
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- Made from the cacao tree and is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet
- Loaded with minerals
- Improves blood flow and can lower blood pressure
- Raises HDL and protects LDL against oxidation
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, protect your cells from damage
- Reduce hunger, the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Naturally derived sweetener
- Zero calories
- Aids in weight loss
- Protects oral health and helps avoid cavities
- Prevents certain forms of cancer
- Reduces blood sugar
- Rich content of omega-3 fatty acids
- Excellent source of dietary minerals
- Great source of B vitamins
- Packed with fiber
Serve this dessert guac with slices of fresh fruit (apples work great) or veggies crudites (carrots, celery).
How To Make Dessert Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk)
- Organic liquid stevia (to taste)
- Raw nuts: almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- In a food processor or blender, mix together the avocados and cacao powder.
- Add in the milk and stevia and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in your desired combination of nuts and seeds.
- Tips and Ideas:
- Use small pieces of chopped fresh or dried fruit to flavor!
- Add in a pinch of turmeric powder to enhance the anti inflammatory benefits
How will you personalize YOUR dessert guac? Tell us below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS