Have You Tried Cauliflower “Popcorn?”
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You know when I really feel like a failure?
No, it’s not when I didn’t achieve so-and-so…
I feel like an absolute failure when eating popcorn.
Ya see… the thing is, I ALWAYS tell myself “just one more handful” – and the next thing I know I’m finishing off the bag. E-V-E-R-Y T-I-M-E.
Mmmmm it’s SO good.
However, microwave popcorn is full of crappy ingredients that have absolutely ZERO health benefits. Sigh.
But because I love to WIN WIN WIN no matter what what what, I was determined to find a yummy and natural snacking solution.
Alas… CAULIFLOWER popcorn.
Yup, you read that right – check it out below!
Benefits Of Cauliflower Popcorn
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Source of vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and manganese
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Improves blood pressure and kidney function
- A good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development
- Has dietary fiber, which supports proper digestive health
- Aids in detoxification
- Increases your energy:
- Speeds up your metabolism:
- When you eat MCTs your metabolic conversion becomes faster
- Boosts your immune system:
- Nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid, which have potent antimicrobial properties
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- A strong anti-oxidant
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Purifies blood
- Protects from free radicals
|Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Balances pH level of your body
- Improves circulation
- Removes toxins
- Increases hydration
- Helps the intestines absorb nutrients
- Source of complete protein and vitamins
- Contains folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc
- Immune boosting
- Antiviral and antibacterial
- Helps improve digestion
You can easily enjoy popping these healthy nuggets into your mouth knowing that they are made with body-friendly and health promoting ingredients!
How To Make Cauliflower Popcorn
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the spices, oil, salt and cauliflower until well coated and mixed.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss and turn the cauliflower and then bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Personalize this popcorn by adding your favorite flavors. I LOVE spicy food, so I add a bit of chile powder to spice it up a bit more! You can also add:
- Fresh ground black pepper
Or you can keep the basic flavor and flavor them further with a yummy dip or sauce, such as:
Are you looking for a solution to achy joints and inflammation? Turmeric Boost is certified organic and 10x stronger than other turmeric brands! This ancient detoxifying spice has soaring levels of antioxidants and is a potent anti-inflammatory. Try it today risk free!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS