Hair Mask Recipes For Healthy, Shiny Hair
Written by: Brandi Monasco
As women, we usually like to look our best. That includes making sure our makeup is perfect and that our hair is healthy and shiny. Many women spend thousands of dollars a year on professional salon hair treatments. Others may spend money on over-the-counter treatments in hopes to make their hair look healthy and shiny, only to realize that they have done damage to their hair.
Instead of spending thousands each year or risking harm to your hair, you only have to look as far as your fridge. Give these safe, natural hair masks a try and let us know how you like them.
Mask #1 – Blueberries: Blueberries are considered to be one of the top “superfoods” because they provide so many health benefits for your body. They are loaded with antioxidants, which can help protect your scalp from free radicals, which can cause damage. They have high levels of vitamin C, which helps promote collagen production, which helps give your hair its strength. The high vitamin C level in blueberries also help stimulate the circulation of your scalp. Increased circulation to your scalp means that your hair will become healthier, thicker and shinier!
|Blueberry Hair Mask
- Handful of blueberries
- Olive oil
- Blend together the olive oil and blueberries.
- Apply the blend to your hair while concentrating on the roots.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Mask #2 – Eggs: Eggs contain a massive amount of protein, which is needed for not only your body, but your hair included. They are also great sources of iron, sulfur and zinc. The iron found in eggs helps to increase the circulation to your scalp while the zinc helps to strengthen your hair. The strands of your hair is made from keratin, which is a type of protein that your hair needs in order to stay healthy. Keratin is very high in sulfur. Sulfur gives your hair elasticity and strength.
|Egg Mask For Hair Growth
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- You will also need a bowl
- Break the egg and place the egg white and yolk into a bowl.
- Remove the cord-like structure from the egg to prevent it from getting tangled in your hair.
- Mix the olive oil and egg together with a fork.
- Wash your hair as normal.
- Squeeze the excess water from your hair.
- Place a towel on your hair to remove more water, but do not dry it.
- Apply the egg mixture to every section of your hair. If you have split ends, be sure to concentrate on the ends of your hair strands.
- Let the egg mixture sit on your hair for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the egg mixture out of your hair and apply a moisturizing conditioner and let it sit on your hair for a few minutes. Wash out the conditioner and style your hair as usual.
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS