Gut bacteria can cause, predict and prevent rheumatoid arthritis – Saturday Strategy
Did you know that rheumatoid arthritis is a condition where the immune system attacks itself?
More than 40 million Americans are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis; a painful and often chronic condition that causes swelling in the joints.
I’m betting you or someone you love is struggling with this condition and you are looking for answers. No one wants to be in constant pain or have their quality of life diminished by this disease!
Doctors and researchers have been juggling different possible causes of rheumatoid arthritis for decades and their understanding has been limited.
A new study may have finally shed light on the trigger of this disease, which is pretty exciting stuff!
The Link Between Your Gut And Your Joints
Your gut is home to over 100 trillion bacteria that help you break down and digest your food. Recent research has found that they might do even more than that!
According to Veena Taneja, Ph.D, your gut bacteria may actually be able to predict your susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis.
Could poor gut health really be the trigger of such a prevalent disease?
Most people don’t realize the incredible role that their gut plays in their overall health and wellbeing. Many of the great healers of the past (and present) always begin by focusing on the health of their patient’s gut.
Symptoms and/or side effects of an unhealthy gut include:
We’ve been looking to outside causes for disease when all along the root cause has been INSIDE OF US.
An article published on Science Daily on July 11, 2016 quotes multiple studies that have found that your GUT BACTERIA can predict your susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis.
A specific bacteria strain called Collinsella, when found in high numbers in the gut, was found to be accurate sign of the onset of rheumatoid arthritis.
A simple IMBALANCE in your gut’s microbiome can have unprecedented effects on your health!
Healing The Root Cause
In order to mitigate the painful effects of arthritis, we’ve got to flood the body with anti-inflammatory micronutrients that promote healing in the gut and soothe the joints.
To do this we are going to use a SIMPLE juice recipe using two of my favorite anti-inflammatory ingredients: Pineapple and Turmeric.
As you may already know, Pineapple is a rich source of the enzyme BROMELAIN, which works as well as pharmaceutical NSAIDS when it comes to relieving joint pain.
Turmeric has been studied extensively as a pain-reliever and anti-inflammatory and has also been found to be as effective as prescription drugs in reducing swelling and joint pain.
Pineapple Turmeric Joint Juice Recipe
Juice takes little effort for the body to digest and is extremely healing for your gut.
- ½ pineapple
- 1 cucumber
- 7 inches (or more) turmeric root
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
Directions: Juice the pineapple, cucumber and turmeric. Add ground cinnamon to top it off. Drink and enjoy.
What Else Can You Do…
… to help prevent and or reduce painful symptoms of arthritis?
- Probiotics. I would highly recommend taking a high-quality probiotic daily. Did you know we make our very own multi-strain formula? Check it out here.
- Fermented foods. Almost every culture in the world (except Western… we’re a little behind here… ) includes some sort of fermented food in their diet. These are very healing to the gut and incredibly beneficial for your immune system. Sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha (organic) tempeh, kefir… to name a few – yum!
- Limit processed foods. Processed foods are full of refined sugars and mystery ingredients that wreak havoc on your gut. Swapping out processed foods for whole foods could be the best thing you do for your health!
- Limit or omit gluten. Gluten doesn’t do anything positive for you at best and research continues to show that it causes gut permeability (leaky gut) and a host of other issues at worst. Best to limit or remove completely whenever possible.
- Drink filtered water. Water is vital to every cell’s well being and is also crucial to keeping things moving and clean in your intestines.
Just like Hippocrates said… it all begins in your gut.
Take care of your gut and it will take care of you.
Be sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos like this.
Find me on Snapchat for quick health and fitness hacks and Instagram and Facebook for even more amazing info – @drewcanole!
Remember, we’re in this together.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS