Guilt-Free Fried Chickpeas Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
There is something about crunchy food that is just oh-so-satisfying… especially when it comes to snacking.
However, the standard “crunch” that is available in your typical supermarket is usually some sort of potato chip, pretzel, or super salty nut mix (ALL of which are over processed and contain icky ingredients).
So, what are you to do when you crave that crunch, BUT also want to keep it healthy?
MAKE YOUR OWN snack, of course!
While this simple fried chickpea recipe is full of flavor and crunchiness and will make you think it’s a sinful snack, you can enjoy it guilt free, because it is made with good-for-you ingredients.
Benefits Of Chickpeas
- Great source of iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphate, calcium, zinc and vitamin K
- Supports building and maintaining bone structure and strength
- High in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C
- Helps increase your energy
- Coconut oil is made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- Quickly absorbed by your body
- Speeds up your metabolism
- Boosts your immune system
- Composed of an impressive list of essential oils, antioxidants, phyto-nutrients, minerals and vitamins that are essential for overall wellness
- Have disease preventing and health promoting properties
- Help soothe digestion
Voila! A super simple and easy vegan snack that will satisfy your crunchy craving anytime.
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of each:
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Over medium low heat, melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Remove any excess moisture on the chickpeas by drying them with a paper towel.
- Add the chickpeas and spices to the pan.
- Turn the heat up to medium.
- Fry for 10-12 minutes or until desired crispiness.
Throw some in a bag to take as an on-the-go snack, OR cuddle up on the couch to watch your favorite movie with this flavorful delight… but before you do, don’t forget to SHARE this recipe with you friends and family!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS