Through his transformation, Spencer is down 30 pounds and counting! He had always been an athlete and stayed active until he entered the working world. Then everything changed:
"I got your standard engineering job, and spent most of the day sitting at a desk. Unfortunately, this didn’t do anything good for my health. Gradually, I went to the gym less and less and my diet didn’t fair any better. Before I knew it I was putting on weight and becoming slightly more depressed about it everyday."
He needed something to jump-start his metabolism and snap him back into it. However, with his busy schedule, he didn't have a lot of time so the workouts needed to be short and effective. ENTER HIIT! HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training and is a great way to burn fat and build lean muscle.
Here 5 great benefits of HIIT workouts:
- They are very short - Because the intensity is so high and the rest is so short, these workouts are very quick. They can last anywhere from 10-25 minutes.
- Your metabolism skyrockets and stays there for hours - These bursts of all-out intensity raises your metabolism and it stays in this state because you are not giving your body time to recover during the workout. This lengthened state of a heightened metabolism is known as the "Afterburn"
- You can do them anywhere - No gym? No worries! You can employ this training anywhere anytime. Sprints on the beach, burpees in your living room. With HIIT, there are so many options that are available.
- Tons of variety - You can do HIIT workouts with just about everything, so there is a ton of variety.
- They are fun! - HIIT training is an absolute blast. The lack of rest makes sure you are always busy and the variety let's you choose your setting. Want to do sprints on the beach? Do it!
Here is Spencer's favorite HIIT workout:
Burpees into pullups - Do 1 burpee and as you jump up, grab the pullup bar and complete one pullup. Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
Box Jumps - Use a box that is challenging but can be used to complete the number of sets/reps. Do 10 sets of 10 reps, resting 30 seconds between sets.
If you're serious about shedding fat, putting on solid muscle and getting the body you've always dreamed of, click here to start your transformation!
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
- 4 Steps to Recognizing and Redirecting Emotional Triggers to Lose Fat - June 19, 2014
- 5 Foods That Improve Bowel Movements - June 19, 2014
- How to Identify a Candida Overgrowth and Effectively Stop It (At Home Test Included) - June 18, 2014