Gluten And Carb-Free Bread Recipe With Hardly Any Sugar
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Mmmmmm, warm bread fresh out of the oven – that is PURE happiness right there!
However, if you are like me, you may have a love/hate relationship with it. As in, you LOVE to eat it because it’s crusty yet soft, chewy and delicious… however, you hate it because gluten wreaks havoc on your digestion.
I get it.
I’m right there with ya.
BUT – don’t fret just yet, because there is a super yummy, yet utterly healthy fresh bread alternative.
Better yet, this bread can be quickly put together with only 4 ingredients. HALLELUJAH!
Welcome to the wonderful world of “Cloud Bread.”
What Is Special About “Cloud Bread?”
Unlike most traditional breads that are bought in the store, homemade “cloud bread” is:
- Gluten FREE
- Has no carbs
- Low in sugar
- High in protein
Yum yum yum! This bread is great for:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ tsp baking powder (or cream of tartar)
- Customize it - optional ingredients to enhance the flavor:
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp of your favorite natural sweetener
- Herbs or spices: salt, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, etc.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Separate the eggs.
- There must be NO yolk in the egg white.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg yolks and cream cheese (add honey if desired).
- Mix until smooth.
- In a second bowl, add ½ teaspoon of baking powder to the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites with a hand blender or whisk until they are fluffy.
- The eggs are ready when they are able to form and hold peaks.
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Mix carefully - do NOT break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Do this quickly or the mixture may melt.
- Spoon the mixture into 10-12 rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle rosemary or your favorite spices.
- Put the bread into the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes on the middle rack.
- Turn the oven to broil for 1 minute to cook the top to a golden brown color.
- Watch closely so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and ENJOY your “cloud bread!”
- Sandwich buns
- Toast with homemade jam
Tip: If you prefer a chewier and softer bread texture, let the bread sit overnight before eating!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS