Get Your “Cheese Fix” With These Chickpeas (They’re Even Vegan!)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I’m willing to bet that whoever discovered how to make CHEESE was having “one of those days.”
Rough day at the office? CHEESE.
Kids being crazy at home? CHEESE.
Stuck in traffic? CHEESE.
See? Cheese solves the world’s problems… it’s powerful stuff!
However, eating cheese often poses quite the problem for your digestion as its acid-forming and highly inflammatory.
Luckily, you can still get your “cheese fix” and keep your health on track by harnessing the power of nutritional yeast!
What Is Nutritional Yeast?
- Made from a single-cell organism, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
- An inactive yeast made from beet molasses and sugarcane
- Grown from fungi
- Yellow/golden in color
- Comes in flakes, granules, or powder-like form
- Does NOT grow like baking yeast (no leavening ability)
Now, get your golden flakes ready to whip up this delicious and nutritious snack!
Benefits Of Cheesy Chickpeas
- Great source of iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphate, calcium, zinc and vitamin K
- Supports building and maintaining bone structure and strength
- High in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C
- Source of complete protein and vitamins
- Contains folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc
- Immune boosting
- Antiviral and antibacterial
- Helps improve digestion
- Contains oleocanthal, which helps reduce inflammation and prevent cancer
- Great source of polyphenols, powerful antioxidants
- Helps with calcium absorption and keeping your bones strong
- Full of antioxidants
- Antiinflammatory and antiviral properties
- Anti-cancer benefits
- Improves the absorption of other nutrients
Enjoy these Cheesy Chickpeas immediately after baking for the yummiest flavors!
How To Make Cheesy Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Rinse chickpeas and dry with paper towels.
- Place the chickpeas into a bowl and add ALL of the ingredients (oil and spices).
- Stir until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Pour the chickpeas onto a baking sheet and spread out in an even layer.
- Put the chickpeas in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy and golden.
Storage: Put in an airtight container for up to a week
“Everytime I think
That I cannot continue
I remember cheese.”
Mmmmm feel better already? That is the power of all things “cheesy!”
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS