Get Sweet Relief From Stretch Marks Using SUGAR
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
It has a bad reputation for wreaking havoc on your health and you have been warned time and time again to stay away from added sugars in the foods you eat and the beverages you drink.
Long story short, excess sugar really shouldn’t have a place in your DIET.
BUT – before your swear off the sweet stuff, did you know that sugar has excellent benefits for your skin?
When applied topically, sugar can greatly help improve the texture and appearance of your skin – especially when it comes to reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
Check it out below!
WHAT Are Stretch Marks?
- Narrow streaks or lines of the skin
- First appear reddish and are usually long and thin
- Generally appear on your body where fat is stored
- Hips, buttocks, thighs, breasts, stomach, upper and under arms, back
Why Do Stretch Marks Happen?
The Main Causes Of Stretch Marks Are:
- Rapid growth (especially during puberty)
- Rapid weight gain or weight loss
- Bodybuilding (muscle growth)
- Hormone replacement therapy
Natural Homemade Remedy For Stretch Marks
Benefits Of Sugar For Skin:
- One of the BEST home remedies to reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- A natural source of glycolic acid
- An alpha hydroxy acid that stimulates the skin
- Helps generate younger and fresher looking skin
- Contains small particles that exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells
How To Make Sugar Stretch Mark Remedy
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Almond oil (enough to bind the sugar together)
- A few drop of lemon juice
1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Massage the mixture onto the stretch marks
- Rub the mixture on your skin for 10 minutes
3. Wash off the mixture with water
4. Repeat daily for best results
Continue using this remedy consistently for a period of at least a month and you will notice your stretch marks becoming lighter and much less noticeable!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS