Get Protein & Antioxidants Galore In This Avocado Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You had me at “avocado.”
Do you have a favorite food that you could just eat again… and again… and again?
For me, that food is AVOCADOOOOOOS.
They are so versatile and delicious (not to mention incredibly nutritious as well).
Therefore, anytime I see a recipe including these buttery balls of goodness, I’m on it STAT.
This scrumptious breakfast bowl is chock full of healthy fats (thanks, avocado!), protein, antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. Talk about a nutritious way to start you day.
Are you ready to dig in? Let’s GO!
Benefits Of An Avocado Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein
- Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber
- Contains twice as much fiber as other grains!
- Great source of iron
- Source of lysine, which is essential for tissue growth and repair
- Has a high content of the antioxidant manganese
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Great source of healthy fats
- Excellent source of vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K
- Good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus
- Contain an incredible amount of antioxidants
- Good source of high quality protein
- Rich source of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper
- Help boost your immune system
This fulfilling breakfast bowl is uber nourishing for your body and will give you the energy needed to have a happy, productive and vibrant day!
How To Make Avocado Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ avocado, slice
- ¼ cup tomato, sliced
- 2 eggs, hard/soft boiled (your preference)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pinch of crushed rosemary
- In a medium bowl, place the quinoa and stir in the olive oil, green onions, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Divide the quinoa mix between two bowls (serves 2).
- Top each bowl of quinoa with avocado, tomato and egg.
- Add additional veggies as you desire: chopped peppers, onion, spinach, kale, etc.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS