French Fries That Are Anti-inflammatory & Full Of Antioxidants
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“Would you like fries with that?”
WHY oh WHY do they always ask that?
Of course the answer is YESSSSS, because #friesaredelicious.
However, fries on the side can easily become a health nightmare if you are ordering them from a fast food joint, because they are cooked in icky oils and slathered in chemical-laden table salt.
Easily avoid this potential health disaster by whipping up a batch of fries at home.
By using natural and health-promoting ingredients, you can savor every crispy bite knowing these Super Sweet Potato Fries are filling your body with antioxidants while also helping to combat inflammation!
Benefits Of Super Sweet Potato Fries
- Provide an abundance of vitamin A (beta-carotene) – especially for the skin!
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Valuable for their anti-inflammatory health benefits
- Help improve blood sugar regulation
- 1 large sweet potato gives you 25% of your daily potassium needs
- Contains fiber, vitamin C, copper, niacin, vitamin B5 and manganese
- Increases your energy:
- Speeds up your metabolism:
- When you eat MCTs your metabolic conversion becomes faster
- Boosts your immune system:
- Nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid, which have potent antimicrobial properties
- Is a powerful anti-inflammatory
- Contains powerful antioxidants called polyphenols
- Proven to alter body composition
- Neutralizes the negative effects of free radicals
These remedying fries are great on their own… but if you prefer a sauce, whip up one of these tasty dips for added flavor AND health benefits:
How To Make Super Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the sweet potato into thin strips to form fries
- In a bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, cinnamon and turmeric.
- Toss the sweet potato fries in this mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange the fries evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the fries and bake another 10 minutes or until baked and slightly crispy.
Are you looking for a solution to achy joints and inflammation? Daily Turmeric is certified organic and 10x stronger than other turmeric brands! This ancient detoxifying spice has soaring levels of antioxidants and is a potent anti-inflammatory. Try it today risk free!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS