Forget Take-Out: Try This Vegetarian Pad Thai Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
The saying goes…
“Traveling: It leaves you speechless, then turns your into a storyteller.”
There is definitely truth in that!
However, after traveling the world for the past 3 years – if I were to rewrite that quote it would go something like this…
“Traveling: It leaves your mouth wide open, then turns you into a foodie.”
Ooooooh the culinary tastes and treasures from around the world make all the long flights and penny-pinching worth it!
One of the tastiest places I have ever been is THAILAND. Thai cuisine is packed with flavor and often made with fresh and healthy ingredients.
Here is a classic Thai dish to get you started on your tastebuds trip around the world. This recipe comes from Food Babe’s creative kitchen:
Vegetarian Pad Thai
Health Benefits Of Pad Thai
- Deliver nutrients in the form of zinc, iron and fiber
- Increases your energy: coconut oil is made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- Speeds up your metabolism: when you eat MCTs your metabolic conversion becomes faster
- Boosts your immune system: nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid, which have potent antimicrobial properties
- Helps improve immunity: the phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C
- Onions contain chromium: assists in regulating blood sugar
- Reduces inflammation and helps infections
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Rich in vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, potassium and copper
- Contains magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, zinc, calcium and iron
- Full of antioxidants that are anti-aging and boost your immune system
- Contains a number of antiseptic and antibacterial abilities that make it ideal for boosting the immune system
- Rich source of vitamin C
- Has significant amounts of dietary fiber, helps with digestion
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Helps prevent and reduce common illnesses
- Has a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, protects your cells from damage
- Reduces hunger, the protein and fiber increase satiety
|Apple Cider Vinegar
What You Need To Make Vegetarian Pad Thai
1. Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package.
2. To make the almond sauce, whisk together the almond butter and hot water in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the almond sauce ingredients and whisk again.
3. In a saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oil, broccoli, carrots and onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the almond sauce and rice noodles to the pan and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
5. Scoop onto a plate or bowl and top it off with scallions and lime wedges.
Now all you have to do is deliver it to your dining room table for a healthy and tasty meal – Enjoy!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS