Foot Soak To Detox Your Feet And Relax Your Body
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You can still enjoy the benefits of a relaxing and detoxing bath by simply soaking your feet.
If it were up to me, I would take a bath every night! However, now that I travel frequently… I often don’t have access to a bathtub. Therefore, it was time to find a happy alternative.
This detoxing foot soak does the job e-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e.
So get ready to sit back, relax and enjoy the detox.
Benefits Of Detox Foot Soak
- Binds to bacteria and toxins living on the surface of your skin and within pores.
- Extracts the bacteria from your pores.
- Contains alkalizing minerals.
- Brings the level of your body’s pH to a more optimal balance.
- Leaves your skin feeling smooth, hydrated and less inflamed.
- Helps to get oxygen into your cells.
- Boosts your immunity by killing harmful bacteria and viruses.
|Apple Cider Vinegar
- Nourishing for your skin.
- Your skin is your largest organ, by soaking in a tub you absorb these nutrients.
- Epsom is different from traditional salts in that it is a naturally-occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate.
- Magnesium and sulfate are readily absorbed through the skin and into the body’s blood stream.
- Magnesium plays a critical role in over 325 enzymes, reduces inflammation, improves blood flow and improves muscle and nerve function.
- Sulfates are necessary building blocks for healthy joints, skin and nervous tissue.
- Using Epsom salts in warm water creates a process called reverse osmosis.
- This process pulls salt and harmful toxins out of your body.
- Allows the magnesium and sulfates to enter in.
|Lavender Essential Oil
- Excellent for aching feet and muscles, relaxation and stress relief.
- Has antidepressant qualities.
- Can help eliminate nervous tension.
- Helps induce sleep.
- Has antibacterial and antiviral properties, which can help boost your immune system.
How To Make Detox Foot Soak
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup epsom salts
- Hot water (enough to fill your container)
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil (or essential oil of your choice)
- Large bowl or foot tub
1. In a large bowl or foot tub, dissolve the epsom salt in really hot water.
- Set on a towel to let it cool off.
2. In a separate small bowl, mix the bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar to make a paste.
- Add water if needed to make it more smooth.
3. Massage the bentonite mixture on your feet and ankles. Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
4. Place your feet, with the mixture still on, in the hot water.
- The clay will slowly dissolve and come off.
5. Use a natural brush to remove the rest of the clay.
- Also works to exfoliate off dead skin.
6. Rinse your feet with fresh water and pat dry using a towel.
You can follow up this detox with massaging a bit of coconut oil onto your feet for an extra moisturizing touch.
Do you know someone that would enjoy this self pampering? Don’t forget to SHARE it with them now!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS