Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins with Ginger, Cinnamon and Maple Syrup
By Lindsay Sibson
Mmmmm, warm muffins, fresh out of the oven.
It almost makes my heart skip a beat. It’s LOVE.
But, there is even MORE to love about these particular muffins, because they are FULL of anti-inflammatories and antioxidants! Heck yea!
Benefits Of Eating Sweet Potatoes
- Free radicals affect the DNA makeup of your cells and can cause mutations.
- Cell mutations lead to various cancers.
- Full of anti-inflammatory nutrients that work against chronic and acute inflammation.
- Inflammation causes multiple chronic diseases and can lead to health issues if not treated.
Delicious muffins WITHOUT the” muffin top” – hallelujah!
Flourless Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
- 3 organic free range eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of organic olive oil
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp of ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Poke holes in your sweet potato and place on middle rack - cook for 60 minutes (or until soft).
- Remove sweet potato from oven and let cool.
- Scoop the sweet potato from the skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Discard the skin or eat it as a snack - it contains a lot of the same vitamins as the insides!
- Add olive oil, almond milk and maple syrup to the sweet potato and mix until it is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the sweet potato and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the muffin pan and fill each tin until ⅔ full.
- Cook in the oven on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes (or until an inserted knife in the middle of the muffin comes out clean).
- Now take that muffin and eaaaaaaaaaaaat it. Nom nom nom nom nom.
Bake a batch today for your next holiday party and you will be sure to wow the crowd.
Don’t forget to SHARE this article with the bakers in your life as well!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS